Grouse Hunters

Little Hawk

Howdy,

My huntin' buddy sent me this. Haven't verified it yet but it appears there's another cash-grab in the works by Gordon Campbell.

We hunters have been willingly paying into the Habitat Conservation Trust Fund for decades and this type of thing is precisely what those funds were designed to help.

Subject: Tags

British Columbians have an important global responsibility to ensure the continued existence of these valuable game birds.
The road to recovery of BC’s populations,however,is not easy.We need to implement
realistic approaches that address the current relationship between Blue grouse, it's sub-species, sharp-tailed grouse andland use practices.This in turn must be incorporated into long term plans and activities geared towards conservation and recovery at the landscape level.To achieve this requires the co-operative efforts of provincial governments, ranchers,First Nations and the range management community.Together,we must develop and implement ecologically and economically
sustainable range management practices that incorporate the needs of this and other grass-
land species regardless of political and demographic boundaries.

Due to the impracticality of requiring tags for strictly the species at risk, the MOE has determined that tags will be required for all species, and the funds collected will go directly to research programs, controlled burns in areas where indicated, and subsidies to Grazing Lease holders to improve food and cover for species at risk.

Preliminary Bag Limits will be as follows:

(Subject to change at any time. it is your responsibility to check for updates on the MOE website. ANY CHANGES TO THESE FEES AND BAG LIMITS will be posted to http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/ )

Ruffed Grouse: No seasonal bag limit. Regular Daily and Possesssion Limits apply.

Spruce (Franklins): No seasonal bag limit. Regular Daily and Possesssion Limits apply.

Blue Grouse (Sub-Species Sooty and Dusky Grouse): 12 per Calendar Year.

Sharp-Tailed Grouse: 6 per Calendar Year

Tag Fees will be as follows:

Ruffed and Spruce grouse; $1.25 per tag.

Blue grouse (all species); $1.85 per tag.

Sharp-Tailed grouse; $2.15 per tag.

All prices subject to GST.

All proceeds to go to the Habitat Conservation Trust Fund: Grouse Enhancement Project.

Tags will be self-adhesive stickers, which must be affixed to one of the legs of the bird immediately on retrieval.
It is an offence to remove the tag until you are at your normal dwelling place (this will be extended to include hunt camps for this application), meat cutter, or taxidermist.

Tags will be available sometime this August 2009 at all normal retailers of hunting licenses and tags.

Cash grab. The govt. makes cash by selling off habitat destruction and collects money off the sportsman supposedly to protect it.[V]

IMG_1445.jpg

It a BS joke that has been around for a couple of weeks. A guy made it up on another hunting site and it has snowballed from there.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Thanks SS!

I also have since spoke to my buddy that sent me the email that was sent to him by his brother. He, too, could not verify the information.

Funny though, this is kind of thing is typical of what us hunter's and sport-fishermen endure.

Very much so! Do not give the government any ideas as they usually select the dumb ones.:D:D

IMG_1445.jpg

Terry you have a PM.:D

IMG_1445.jpg

Back