GPS/Fishfinder

Merrittboy

Won a hockey pool so have a few hundred dollars to put towards the boat. Would like to buy a gps,ff combo, is there anything decent that I can pic up for a few hundred? I don.t need something too sophisticated.
Thanks.

quote:Originally posted by Merrittboy

Won a hockey pool so have a few hundred dollars to put towards the boat. Would like to buy a gps,ff combo, is there anything decent that I can pic up for a few hundred? I don.t need something too sophisticated.
Thanks.

Check out the smaller Lowrance units. Go color if you can afford it, and external antenna for the gps.

If money is really tight, check out the US mail order websites - esp. in Florida, and on eBay. Take your time and use some of the price comparison websites to find the best price.

Good luck.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

I recently sold a small lowrance gps/sounder unit for $100 so they are out there. Check usedvictoria.com and craiglist.

Does a colur monitor with the gps/ff unit really make a big diff besides price. I am comparing a Humminbird models.

Wife let me have more money, so now I can buy a more expensive combo. I have been all over the internet looking at different units but since I dont have the experience ... So give me you 25 cents worth. Pretend that you have 600 bucks and u are heading out to buy.
Thanks.

Bought one! LMS 525C df. Looks great, hopefully i can catch some fish now! ;) I hear that it does every thing including catching the fish!

MB …A buddy installed one (525) on the weekend. We had it working real fast. I did not read the instructions but it seamed logical to use. Only thing that I had to figure out was loading the charts from the SD card. Once we got that the rest was easy. Nice detail on the charts. I like that it has the whole island and not just one part like some other brands. My friend is out testing it for the next few days. He’s no computer guy so it will be interesting to hear his comments. GLG

ProfileatKitty-1.jpg

Good choice. I've had a 525 for about 4 months now and have no biatchs about it except the fishfinder part is broken. Hasn't found me any fish yet.

boat-1-1.jpg

Back