Govt Auctions

Cuba Libre

I sometimes follow the govt auction site http://www.bcauction.ca/open.dll/welcome
but lately the prices seem totally out of whack!

Over $3 grand for a sunbleached small Zodiac?? $50 for a tacklebox full of junk??? A rod and reel that I can get for less brand new if I watch the sales??????

Too bad I cant get rid of some of the junk in my garage that way...would beat the hell out of garage saling it!! ;)

makes me wonder if its the auction mentality-- you know-- GOTTA HAVE IT AT ANY PRICE :D

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

if you head down to their building they have great prices on things like office chairs, or various computer stuff, but the online auction is just silly, the govt must be laughing selling stuff for more than they paid

thats what people will pay thats what its worth. mabe not to you, butgood on the govt.for making back some coin.

Bee-- by the time they add the administration costs, I'll bet it COSTS the taxpayers to get rid of some of the stuff...[:eek:)]

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

i have no doubt that they have to pay money to sell it huge building here plus extra workers the odd thing is okay, lotsa stuff is bid very high but can be interesting reading. i always get outbid. and i think i bid a fair price.lotsa people probably dont pick up their stuff i bet.

Where is their building at. would like to check that out.

Mike

Back