Good Quality Fish Scale

Interested in others opinions as well. My scale finally packed it in, as the sealed battery finally went dead after many years. I believe it was a Berkeley scale I used. Very accurate and no issues til the battery finally packed it in after many many years. Far too accurate in my opinion. I'm way past caring about bragging about the size of the fish I catch anyways. Usually my weight estimation is pretty near bang on or even a little under when people insist on weighing a fish. I think there's a bunch of people on this website that could definitely use a scale though. The weights that people post with their pictures are often a cause for amusement. A lot of the weights they are claiming look nowhere near the weight of the fish pictured. Reminds me of an old saying. Step on the tail, pull on the scale. :)

(Length x Girth squared) divided by 740 for Chinook. You already have a calculator on your phone. More accurate than just about any scale out there and can't beat the price! 36" Chinook with 20" girth comes out just shy of 20lbs, which is bang on.

Cheers!

Ukee

(Length x Girth squared) divided by 740 for Chinook. You already have a calculator on your phone. More accurate than just about any scale out there and can't beat the price! 36" Chinook with 20" girth comes out just shy of 20lbs, which is bang on.

Cheers!

Ukee
Herzog method I believe it's called? Never actually tried it

sweet.....thats

Cheers!

Ukee
sweet, thanks for that! I dont need the weight very often for my own fish, but when I have guests on board i like to give them something close to accurate. Last thing i would want to do is way over estimate a guests fish! I only do that with my young boys fish!

Back