Good deal on Pursuit 2470 Project

dance a jig

Wow. You could sell that engine, get a 4 stroke, build a custom pilot house and fix the rail and be way ahead of the game. Probably 2 grand for shipping I'm guessing?

Well, I talked to the guy and his claim is tha boat got loose and was under an elevated dock, and with wave action the boat's windshield got taken out. He claimed boat not sunk, but certainly BUYER BEWARE. If I were in market, I would buy subject to inspection by mechanic I hire who could confirm motor running well and never submerged, and wiring harness and other electrical never dunked, in addition to confirmation as to gel coat damages. good luck. DAJ

X2 or X3 on Hurricane boat !!
Actually I think 6K may be too high a price if there is as much wrong as I suspect. I'd guess the power is no good at all/ been swamped, maybe fully submerged and beyond a fix. I would also suspect she may require a full rewiring as even if it wasn't completely submerged that boat has likely seen alot of salt swamping. Looks like alot more damaged on that boat than just a railing and windsheild - you could spend many thousands on her to get er back functioning and repowered. Hull structural damage could also exist and the very least lots of gelcoat damage. I think getting a "looked after" Pursuit with decent pwr for 25-30K would be a better choice but then again I am not the type that enjoys a huge ,year long boat project that keeps me off the water... to save a few bucks. Your own labour time is a cost that should really count and be included in your final cost to have a working boat.

Bifmalibu your guestimate of 2k to ship from NY is very very unlikely. $1.50-2.00/ mile is basic starting point you have to work down from so at 3,000 miles you are gonna get a first quote of about 5K ..... my 228G from New York ended up at 3.5K to Blaine (last April) on its own trailer after lots of haggle to lower it ( plus my costs to go get it from Blaine) and 2 other boats we shipped last winter from NC (22' - 24' Gradys) were: $6K for two piggy backed ,without trailers on a gooseneck from NC to North Van) . A Gulfstream on its own trailer from Tampa Florida last Spring was 4K to North van. Don't forget possible travel lift fees at both ends, storage fees or shipping insurance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back