going over rated hp

nedarb2

legally are there any issues with going over the rated hp of a boats hull? looking at a pair of 225's for our hull rated at 400hp...
no question about the boat being able to handle the power just a question of can we still get insurance for it? or would it be as easy as changing the decals lol

Hey Last Chance:
That 21', you so graciously turned me onto, doesn't have any decal. Do you know what was in it before, and do you have any idea what I can hang off of it now?
Btw, Thank's again, the restore is coming along, but I did have to replace all port stringers.:D
Labman

I have a small inflatable rated for max. 3.3 hp, and I was told by MOT that it is against the law to exceed manufacturer specified limited. One can be fine if he/she is caught with exceeding spec.

quote:Originally posted by Labman

Hey Last Chance:
That 21', you so graciously turned me onto, doesn't have any decal. Do you know what was in it before, and do you have any idea what I can hang off of it now?
Btw, Thank's again, the restore is coming along, but I did have to replace all port stringers.:D
Labman

You ought to hang as big an outboard as you can buy off of it. They come with a 250HP V8, so I'm sure any outboard from 120-250 would be great on a pod!

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

Back