Goetz TROL-EZE hydraulic cylinders

ship happens

Have 4 brand new old stock Kicker hydraulic cylinders. Come with hoses and steering link. Cylinder kits only. Have 4.

Add one of these with a valve and cheap way to get hydraulic steering to your kicker.

150 bucks each:p

goetz.jpg

lol

Hey its just a hydraulic cylinder. Can do whatever you wish with them. Tie it in with a valve

Is there mounting brackets with this

Ok 3 left

2 mercury kits
1 johnson evinrude kit
1 check valve assembly

Can make fit on anything, however these come with the brackets associated with the instructed

These are not good for up to 1000 psi. FYI

Could make for a cool project or use as an actuator.

Attachments

• 20210111_112010.jpg
    20210111_112010.jpg
    475 KB · Views: 70
  • 20210111_112222.jpg
    20210111_112222.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 20210111_112433.jpg
    20210111_112433.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 70
Ok 3 left

2 mercury kits
1 johnson evinrude kit
1 check valve assembly

Can make fit on anything, however these come with the brackets associated with the instructed

These are not good for up to 1000 psi. FYI

Could make for a cool project or use as an actuator.
Are/Were these components part of what another member was using to tie his kicker to his i/o steering system?

So in a standard i/o steering system it's "power assisted " steering. In which case you cannot add hydraulic cylinders to. However you can delete that system and install a hydraulic cylinder and helm pump. Which some boats have already. But you need to be clear what you have first.

We would normally add a seastar cylinder along with a valve. All parts land labor included in that, your well above the thousand dollar mark.

To further give my opinion I'm not sure what the highest PSI you can stuff into these small cylinders. Standard seastar is rated for up to 1000 psi. However I'm not sure what the actual nominal psi would be. Let's just say that these are good for 400 psi. In that case if you added this to a seastar system I could not say what the results would be.

So in a standard i/o steering system it's "power assisted " steering. In which case you cannot add hydraulic cylinders to. However you can delete that system and install a hydraulic cylinder and helm pump. Which some boats have already. But you need to be clear what you have first.

To further give my opinion I'm not sure what the highest PSI you can stuff into these small cylinders. Standard seastar is rated for up to 1000 psi. However I'm not sure what the actual nominal psi would be. Let's just say that these are good for 400 psi. In that case if you added this to a seastar system I could not say what the results would be.
Fair enough. I appreciate the insight. I currently have a power assisted system for my Alpha One and I am considering an upgrade to a hydraulic cylinder (I believe the Seastar one for my application is HC5328-3) and I'll also need a helm. I'm hoping I can simply delete the existing power assisted stuff in favour a seastar system. I've also read of people referring to a 'liquid tie bar' as a means of gaining remote steering for a kicker. Still looking into the parts list for that which is why this thread initially looked promising. For what it's worth, my hull is 2006 Trophy Pro 2052. I have a fixed bracket off which I hang a 2020 Merc 9.9 Prokicker with tiller handle. I chose tiller handle because I wasn't sure which way i wanted to go with respect to remote steering. Hydraulic steering for the kicker from the helm seat would sure be nice. I spent a bunch of hours last summer sitting on the gunwale manning the tiller arm and I think my butt would prefer to sit in the helm seat this summer instead.

Fair enough. I appreciate the insight. I currently have a power assisted system for my Alpha One and I am considering an upgrade to a hydraulic cylinder (I believe the Seastar one for my application is HC5328-3) and I'll also need a helm. I'm hoping I can simply delete the existing power assisted stuff in favour a seastar system. I've also read of people referring to a 'liquid tie bar' as a means of gaining remote steering for a kicker. Still looking into the parts list for that which is why this thread initially looked promising. For what it's worth, my hull is 2006 Trophy Pro 2052. I have a fixed bracket off which I hang a 2020 Merc 9.9 Prokicker with tiller handle. I chose tiller handle because I wasn't sure which way i wanted to go with respect to remote steering. Hydraulic steering for the kicker from the helm seat would sure be nice. I spent a bunch of hours last summer sitting on the gunwale manning the tiller arm and I think my butt would prefer to sit in the helm seat this summer instead.

I would recommend a remote model kicker absolutley. Game changer. Once you get the seastar system in place it's easy to add another cylinder to the kicker. The liquid tie bar valve with 2 cylinders requires 5 hoses in total. So mounting choice is critical for all the hoses etc.

We did a trophy like that last year and flush mounted the valve right under the controls at the helm. We also mounted a dual binnicle control, and turned the second control lever into the kicker controls. Turned out very nice and easy to operate. I would guess you most likey have a concealed side mount control? Since yours in an i/o.

I would recommend a remote model kicker absolutley. Game changer. Once you get the seastar system in place it's easy to add another cylinder to the kicker. The liquid tie bar valve with 2 cylinders requires 5 hoses in total. So mounting choice is critical for all the hoses etc.

We did a trophy like that last year and flush mounted the valve right under the controls at the helm. We also mounted a dual binnicle control, and turned the second control lever into the kicker controls. Turned out very nice and easy to operate. I would guess you most likey have a concealed side mount control? Since yours in an i/o.
I had set up my former centre console with Dual binnacle controls for the main and kicker (both outboards) and that was a fantastic set up. My current throttle configuration is as you guessed a single side mount concealed lever. I wish I had room for dual binnacles but I can't see my current dash set up allowing that without significant re-work. Not impossible but not exactly easy.
Would a Baystar cylinder be the choice for the kicker? And can you tell me the part number for the tie bar valve? I'd like to read up a bit more on it.

I had set up my former centre console with Dual binnacle controls for the main and kicker (both outboards) and that was a fantastic set up. My current throttle configuration is as you guessed a single side mount concealed lever. I wish I had room for dual binnacles but I can't see my current dash set up allowing that without significant re-work. Not impossible but not exactly easy.
Would a Baystar cylinder be the choice for the kicker? And can you tell me the part number for the tie bar valve? I'd like to read up a bit more on it.

I did a trophy last summer that was i/o and had been previously podded. It had a concealed side mount. We added a tohatsu concealed side mount just next to the main. Worked out really nice. Was tight but worked. I cut a big hole in the side and made a modular panel so it was easily worked on and installed. See pic

I have never combined baystar equipment with seastar. I personally would not install it. Due to the liability aspect. I would not install one of these goetz cylinders in a seastar system either. I cant because of the liability once again. That being said if you want the ultimate steering for your machine give me a call and I stock all these parts and i can show you a few things that might make your eyes light up. PM me and I'll give you my information.

The seastar alignment valve part number

Str ha5471-2

Attachments

• 20200716_192057.jpg
    20200716_192057.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Back