Gill Net Across Harris Creek

steeliehead

A gill net was strung right across the whole river below the lower bridge. Great way to ruin this ever diminishing run of larger than average wild Coho. Idiots.

I though of cutting it since there was no one around but did want to risk it being right at the bridge in plain sight, I will call the CO's and see if this is legal.

quote: I though of cutting it since there was no one around but did want to risk it being right at the bridge in plain sight, I will call the CO's and see if this is legal.

Cut it Nels. If that's not for the hatchery it's gotta go. By the time the CO's sort it out the damage is done.
J

i've called fisheries about this before and they told me there's nothing they can do ,and said to go buy some hay bayles and dump them in the river upstream

What the $%^& is that? Meaning they can't or won't? Is this a poaching thing or aboriginal? There is a differance for sure but .........hay bayles ... interesting

Was up there today and fished that pool. The boat and net where sitting off to the side. There was a campfire that was still smoking. The Hatchery supposedly has all there brood stock, so i doubt it was there's. Some nice fish in that pool, but no takers.

Tournament Proven !

Back