Getting more smoke out of electric smoker

the butcher

Was wondering if any of you use the pellet smoke tubes in your electric smoker to get more smoke in the chamber.

https://www.amazon.ca/Premium-Pellet-Smoker-Tube-Billowing/dp/B06ZZRR7XD

I read a post online that the above style of pellet chamber smoker produces a good amount of smoke but it may only work well in a pellet smoker where there is naturally an existing constant flow of air going through the smoke chamber. Someone wrote that using it in an electric smoker often causes the pellets in the smoke tube to extinguish itself due to a lack of air flow inside electric smokers. Anyone use one of the smoke tubes inside an electric chamber? How did it work out?

I use the amazen smoker tube (from amazon.ca)in my pellet grill for cold smoking cheeses and things and it works great,
of course the pellet grill is not on for cold smoke and have had no issues with the tube going out,
just get a good bit of flame going in the end of the tube, blow out the flame and itll smoke for about 3 hours out of the 6" tube, 5-6 hours out of the larger one

I use one in my treager for smoking cheese and when I want more smoke on the meat. Works great. Only problems I have seen is putting in too much pellets. Smoking cheese, over smoked the Monterey Jack because I filled the tube and smoked for maybe 5 hours. 1.2-2 hours would have been better. I think it would work great in an electric smoker, they are not air tight and does not take much air to smolder wood chips. I understand they work with wood chips as well as pellets.

My buddy made a smoke generator out of a computer fan and some pipe. Uses wood chips. Can probably google it. I have a masterbuilt 40 smoker that I solely use for fish and I use a amazing pellet tray. Completely removed the smoker box and just use the bare heating element for heat. Works great but you do need airflow. I light the tray with a heat gun and let it go for 20 min before I put it in the smoker. So you have a few options.

Back