Gas Prices are not so bad.....

Sitkaspruce

according to an idustry spokesman[?][?][xx(]

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/08/27/gas-prices.html?ref=rss

I want to know why oil has gone down $20/barrel and yet we are still paying $1.40 here in McNeill. It is the same price as when oil was $140/barrel. That's the **** that pisses me off....but hey I am just one of the millions of consumers who uses the internet to *****.

Thanks for listening:D

Cheers

SS

Fishing001.jpg

No matter how high the price, we keep on driving...and complaining.
I relate it to moaning about the lack of Salmon in the ocean
as i'm trying to kill one for my dinner.
[}:)]

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg

quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

No matter how high the price, we keep on driving...and complaining.
We've got no choice thats why we keep on driving [V]

gonefishingsign.gif

We all know that we are being ripped off at the gas pumps. The way I fight back, and it gives me a lot of satisfaction is this: We all have to buy gas, right. Well just do that, buy gas only from them. Never, ever buy a coffee, lottery ticket, groceries, newspapers, drinks etc. Completely boycott them for anything you can buy elsewhere. If everyone did this you would soon see the price of gas drop as a result.

Where I live (Comox) all the gas stations charge exactly the same high price. If there is a price change, they all change the price at the same time on the same day by exactly the same amount. I thought that price fixing cartels were illegal in Canada but it's probably my imagination or coincidence because that sort of thing couldn't happen, could it? :D

When people stop paying $2 for a 500ml bottle of water then people can complain about gas prices. That works out to $4/litre if my math is correct. And I can't burn it in my truck or boat.

Spend less on Lucky and smokes and go fishing.

Dont smoke, refuse to drink swill (Lucky) and just use water for brushing my teeth and flushing the toilet-- so your point is?????????:D

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

quote:Originally posted by Cuba Libre

Dont smoke, refuse to drink swill (Lucky) and just use water for brushing my teeth and flushing the toilet-- so your point is?????????:D

20ft Alumaweld Intruder
Dude,are you for real or just trying to stir up crap all the time? when someone is posting their opinion you should act like a big boy and realize not only YOUR view counts. jesus....

There are some pretty dry senses of humour on this board and what may "appear" to be sarcastic might only have been meant as an attempt at humour.
High gas prices and few fish have put a lot of people off and laughing at the whole situation is a good way to get passed it !!

The water might be $4.00/liter but I don't drink 50liters/hour

My outboard does [V]
LOL

gonefishingsign.gif

quote:Originally posted by gallows

We all know that we are being ripped off at the gas pumps. The way I fight back, and it gives me a lot of satisfaction is this: We all have to buy gas, right. Well just do that, buy gas only from them. Never, ever buy a coffee, lottery ticket, groceries, newspapers, drinks etc. Completely boycott them for anything you can buy elsewhere. If everyone did this you would soon see the price of gas drop as a result.
Are you saying the oil companies also own/distribute lottery tickets coffee,etc...? Who are we boycotting? The times colonist,coca-cola?

Please explain to me what I seem to be mis-understanding.

If I stop buying anchovies for a year ya think the price of herring might drop? worth a shot,ya?

MrTrailer-- sorry if you took offense , but really now-- you have to learn what ":D" behind a post means!!!!

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

ya,sorry C.L.,brought my bad mood from,a- fighting with son over money and b- hot water tank flooded basement to the computor. not a good day...

I shouldn't have jumped on you. won't happen again.[:I]

No worries-- the problem with the internet is it lacks that "personal" touch so it can be tough to really determine where a person is coming from. I think we are all guilty to some extent of misinterpreting a post or two....

Time to go fishing when that happens-- tomorrow for me!! ( after I check with the Warden!!:D)

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Good points,which brings me to a ?...Has there ever been a derby put together for/by this forum? Seems to me that most are here on Van. Island so it might take a bit of organizing but not too hard,eh? Would be cool to put faces to names.
All I need is a weeks notice and I'm in.

Reg. gas at pump is $1.33 in campbell river. Same fuel at marine dock which is marked and as far as I know would have no road tax is $1.40. Go figure.

Back