Gas hedge trimmer

I have the Stihl Kombi thing that you can buy different attachments for. It's great. We have weed wacker, the metal blade brush wacker thing, and leaf blower. I don't have the hedge trimmer attachment but I assume it works well. Buy that one motor, and then add attachments as you need them. The attachments are under $200 I think so you get a good machine and keep running it so the gas doesn't sit long.

I’m considering a gas powered hedge trimmer. I’ll only use it two days a year likely but I have some heavy stuff to get through (laurel bush). Who has one, which brand and what do you think? Will one of those cheaper can tire ones suffice or do I go straight to the Stihl or Husky?
Used to work in a shop that dealt in Stihl (1 year warranty) Husqvarna (2 year warranty) and Echo (5 year warranty). Echo and Shindaiwa have the same parent company. Moved all my yard care to Echo (multi head system -weed trimmer, blower, and hedge trimmer) and chain saw based on the warranty and more importantly, what the techs observed when repairing the 3 big players mentioned.

I've got a Stihl Kombi unit. I rent the hedge trimmer attachment for doing my laurel hedges each year. Let somebody else worry about sharpening and storing that thing!

Back