Game camera

donnie d

Well it’s -20 here and some asshat thought it would be funny to wrench my gas off last night. Real nice. Two little kids, and my wife pretty frosty this am. Not happy. Got me thinking about getting an outdoor motion camera.

My gas valve is over on the side of my house where I park my boat when it’s not tucked away for winter so it would double as eyes on my boat when parked at the house.

Looking for suggestions on a cost effective game style outdoor camera.

Leaning towards the apeman trail cam reviews look good and it’s pretty dang inexpensive.

Who the f would do that? I have Nest cameras, very happy with them but probably a bit more expensive than what you’re looking at. Will give you an alert as events are happening so you can grab your bat and punish the mofo.

I would get a wifi camera that is mounted to the soffit or up high on the wall of your place. Amazon would have some cheap versions. Costco also usually has them for a decent price.

most game cameras have to be brought inside, put the SD card into the computer, then you can view the photos that it took. The wifi camera would give you real time updates on your phone so that you can run outside with a baseball bat if something weird is going on.

that’s so weird that someone would turn off the gas valve. Never heard of that. But it could be some punk doing it to many people just to be a **** disturber.

Attachments

• EBC4BD8B-FF4D-489F-B3B8-2910C2102BF5.png
    EBC4BD8B-FF4D-489F-B3B8-2910C2102BF5.png
    442.1 KB · Views: 9
I would get a wifi camera that is mounted to the soffit or up high on the wall of your place. Amazon would have some cheap versions. Costco also usually has them for a decent price.

most game cameras have to be brought inside, put the SD card into the computer, then you can view the photos that it took. The wifi camera would give you real time updates on your phone so that you can run outside with a baseball bat if something weird is going on.

that’s so weird that someone would turn off the gas valve. Never heard of that. But it could be some punk doing it to many people just to be a **** disturber.

thanks for the comments. It’s quite a dark move when it’s this cold. We’ll be looking at all options...super paranoid now ahead of putting the boat back in the driveway...

I have Wyze cams (wifi) I got in the states (cheap, but not sold here)... absolutely great, but not made for outdoors

(I use them through windows at front & back doors)

I have a couple of the Apemans for trail cam use and they are as good or better than the way more expensive spypoint cameras I've used before. I'd strongly recommend them.

I use Ring for my house. There’s a monthly fee but I can see stuff after the fact from Cloud storage. With so many breakins now and douche bags that think you’re stuff is public domain, I’ve got 4 around the house and am adding more. You can remote watch too. It’s a quality product. You will not be disappointed.

Back