Galiano Salmon Classic - Sat. May 27, 2023

Last_Call

Galiano derby set for May 27th, 2023 this year. Already have a beer sponsor and one cash sponsor lined up. Hope to see a bunch of you there again this year as @Rain City tries to defend his title of "Lingcod King". :)

Details to follow here or on instagram (@galianosalmonclassic) or facebook (Galiano Salmon Classic). Feel free to DM if you want to sponsor or need more info.
Galiano 2023 - save date May 27.jpg

Galiano derby set for May 27th, 2023 this year. Already have a beer sponsor and one cash sponsor lined up. Hope to see a bunch of you there again this year as @Rain City tries to defend his title of "Lingcod King". :)

Details to follow here or on instagram (@galianosalmonclassic) or facebook (Galiano Salmon Classic). Feel free to DM if you want to sponsor or need more info.
View attachment 89643
Ummmmmmmm, it's "Ling King" :rolleyes:

My bad. hope the tattoo turned out nicely for you :)

Derby will be capped pretty tight again this year given venue size at Montague Marina and the attached restaurant (Crane and Robin) where we will likely host the awards / dinner so make sure you sign up early if you want to partake.

Registration now available for the 2023 Galiano Salmon Classic! See poster attached for details.

We are still awaiting on DFO regs before we finalize the format for this years event but no matter what happens we will have prizes for salmon, halibut, lingcod, and most improved angler
😉

$100/person covers your entry as well and food and a beer at the The Crane and Robin during the awards ceremony.

Sponsors. We will be announcing a couple of our 2023 derby sponsors shortly but NOW is the time to let us know if you / your company would like to support this event with either cash or in-kind sponsorship or even just something for the prize table. The more support we get the better the event can be and the more we can raise for Pacific Salmon Foundation.
Any questions please DM here see contact info on poster.

Attachments

• 2023 Galiano Salmon Classic POSTER.JPG
    2023 Galiano Salmon Classic POSTER.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 46
Recent Galiano Derby post for the May 27th event.

----
OK, Galiano Salmon Classic participants. Things are getting serious now. Less than 10 spots remaining for registration before we sell out and I know there are MANY of you who have stated your intention to attend but not yet e-transferred the $100 to corymath@gmail.com. Do it now if you want to be part of the action as we will be cutting off registration due to limited venue capacity.

RULES: An official rules sheet is being worked on now but essentially the rules will be the same as the last few years (prizes for catch & release of salmon); lingcod (hidden weight); halibut (largest) with a NEW addition this year (based on recent DFO fishery notice) of prizes for "Adipose fin-clipped, hatchery chinook" caught and retained in the areas that are open to retention (see previous post).

MARINA INFO: Montague Harbour Marina on beautiful Galiano Island will once again be hosting this event with dinner and awards at the The Crane and Robin which is attached to the marina. The fuel dock is open from 9am-6pm so plan accordingly. The marina is offering 2 for 1 moorage for those who plan to keep their boat overnight. Contact Amber at info@montagueharbour.com.

PRIZES & SPONSORS: still time to donate prizes or sponsor the event! We've got some great prize donations and cash sponsors (Vizsla Copper; Window Viper; Northwest Marine Services) and can always use more! Top prize this year will be cash (amount based on sponsorship & attendees) and 1st choice of items from the prize table. We'll also have some other raffle / auction items for you to spend your hard earned money on so bring CASH.... lots of it! (we accept credit card via Moneris as well).

two and half weeks to go! Hope everyone is getting excited.

Attachments

• weigh scale.jpg
    weigh scale.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 29
Jason and Dimitri from Bon Chovy are both looking for guests for the derby. Pretty much guaranteed success with them.

I need to hire your graphic designer. That is top notch stuff right there.
just trying to keep costs down around here eh ;)

On a related note, we do need a graphic designer to help us with a new banner so if anyone has those skills and doesn't want to get paid much to put together an updated Galiano Salmon Classic banner lemme know!

Any prize list?
I tried to message on Instagram and facebook but didn't get a reply.
I was hoping to get in but it isn't a big deal.
Might have needed a first mate though

Got a perfect derby linger (16lb) this weekend… ugh, wanted that one saved for next Saturday! Saw someone land a spring in 17-6 assuming a hatchery as he kept it, I had a nice one on for a while that I lost… should be a good one next weekend. Tight lines!A3CF4FE1-DC64-4DCC-A858-8D396F4AC0F0.jpeg

Rules are now up on social media etc for the galiano derby. Similar to last few years with prizes for catch and release of salmon but now prizes for retention of hatchery spring as well. Top prize to largest hatchery spring weighed in. 2nd prize for released fish, etc etc. the Prize table is pretty stacked this year so everyone who enters a fish will get something decent. See ya Saturday!

Attachments

• RULES FINAL PAGE 1 jpeg.jpeg
    RULES FINAL PAGE 1 jpeg.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 36
  • RULES FINAL PAGE 2 jpeg.jpeg
    RULES FINAL PAGE 2 jpeg.jpeg
    99.5 KB · Views: 38
Just had a group cancel for the derby so if anyone is looking to join last minute we've got 5-6 tix available now. Derby is this Saturday, May 27th, 2023 out of Montague Harbour, Galiano Island. DM me if you want in.

So who's all going to this thing? I'm coming with a VIP guest. I'll be on the docks Friday and Saturday night, likely cooking something delicious.

Back