Fulton 1600 Jack Seized Up

pescador

Any thoughts on how to get the bottom part of the jack screw on my Fulton jack unseized? It worked fine in April and now seems totally seized up. I've take it apart and the piece at the end that rotates around the jack shaft is where its seized up. Photo attached. I've tried soaking it in oil and some moderate heat and still no go. Any thoughts on how to solve this? What's the best penetrating oil there is? Other options?

Attachments

• IMG_7025 copy.jpg
    IMG_7025 copy.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 96
Any thoughts on how to get the bottom part of the jack screw on my Fulton jack unseized? It worked fine in April and now seems totally seized up. I've take it apart and the piece at the end that rotates around the jack shaft is where its seized up. Photo attached. I've tried soaking it in oil and some moderate heat and still no go. Any thoughts on how to solve this? What's the best penetrating oil there is? Other options?
Get it super hot with a torch and use the biggest wrench that you have. If it breaks or doesn’t move just replace it

None of those jacks are worth a damn. I have tried them all and now consider 3 or 4 years of use is all you will get. Throw it out and buy another one.

None of those jacks are worth a damn. I have tried them all and now consider 3 or 4 years of use is all you will get. Throw it out and buy another one.
It was a $350 jack. Fulton 1600 lb. I went overkill and I barely used it. I’m fixing it. It’s not that complicated a problem.

Maybe it is not supposed to come apart. Watch the video here. https://www.etrailer.com/tv-install-fulton-f2-jack-replacement-gear-kit-f500314.aspx

Moderate heat usually will not do it. Need oxy/acy heat the nut till it’s starting to turn red without heating the shaft/bolt too much and it should go.

Moderate heat usually will not do it. Need oxy/acy heat the nut till it’s starting to turn red without heating the shaft/bolt too much and it should go.
Do this. It will go

Just my 2 cents, I have had problems with those too, after screwing around a few times, I never leave the trailer on the screw jack sitting anymore, I raise it up then put blocks under and fold it back and let it sit loose , I just replace mine last year with a new one because of the same issue you have, mine was not seized but really hard up and down, I grease the crap of my old one all the time and still crap out, so far the new one is holding up,

Just my 2 cents, I have had problems with those too, after screwing around a few times, I never leave the trailer on the screw jack sitting anymore, I raise it up then put blocks under and fold it back and let it sit loose , I just replace mine last year with a new one because of the same issue you have, mine was not seized but really hard up and down, I grease the crap of my old one all the time and still crap out, so far the new one is holding up,
I have always lowered my trailer down onto a piece of 6X6 and back off the jack so the weight sits on the block. I just leave my jack down and maybe 1/2 inch up off the ground. I did this because the jack when fully extended tends to lean to one side so to me it looked like it would shorten the life of it.

Back