Fully Restored 1968 Bertram Moppie/Diesel

Jimmy

Price Reduced-Fully Restored 1968 Bertram Moppie/Diesel

-1968 20ft Bertram Moppie Fully Restored (Full Restoration done by Mack Boring Shipyards in 2008)
-220hp 6-cyl. turbo Yanmar Diesel 6BY220Z & Yanmar Sterndrive with dual counter rotating props.
-Only 164 hours on Yanmar
- Yanmar digital smart gauge.
- Aluminium I-beam double axle trailer
- Full sloping canvas.
- Full camper top canvas.
- Raytheon GPS/ Depth sounder combo
- Raytheon VHF
- 2010 Yamaha 8hp high thrust trolling motor
- Custom made bracket for trolling motor with built in fuel tank & fuel filter.
- Dual batteries with battery switch.
- Wired for Scotty Electric down riggers.
- Boat has been fully serviced since restoration by licensed Yanmar dealer
- Restoration included new fuel tank and rigging, new steering, all new gauges, windshield was taken of and repainted and new hardwar & New 2008 Yanmar 220hp 6-cyl. turbo Yanmar Diesel 6BY220Z & Yanmar Sterndrive with dual counter rotating props
- This boat is a head turner. Exceptional performance and fuel mileage.

Follow the bellow link to see one of the articles written about this boat and the restoration.

http://www.marlinmag.com/news/1968-bertram-moppie-repowered-enter-fast-lane

Asking price $44,000- Price reduced to $39,500

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/boa/4295231955.html

I am happy to email pictures if you email me kent@skana.com

Last edited by a moderator:
a 20fter??????? Not likely unless its fishing with a fleet.
I have caught Tuna bigger than you from a boat that big and all it had was a 40hp Yamaha outboard-raising fish is about profile & the right spectrum of sound-Bertram has it in spades and has proved it for decades.

I have caught Tuna bigger than you from a boat that big and all it had was a 40hp Yamaha outboard-raising fish is about profile & the right spectrum of sound-Bertram has it in spades and has proved it for decades.

Sounds like a good rig for 50 miles off shore! 40hp and a high thrust bow mounted electric trolling motor should do er!

Thank you for the responses guys.

I dont have any better mileage numbers on the boat than in the article the link will take you to. She is fast though.

There used to be a better article on line that came from trailer boat magazine and it had all the numbers speed mileage fuel burn etc. i wish i had saved a copy of it.

The Yanmar drive does have two propellers that do spin on opposite directions. Maybe this is not called counter rotation?

Nice boat!
The kicker bracket being the Gas fuel tank is pretty cool....haven't seen that before, very clever.

Has the boat got Canadian numbers on it yet? Didn't see any in the pictures...
A real nice boat for sure... Yanmar power plants have come a long way in the last few years.
Sure would be nice to have that fuel economy when running out to Bamfield and 7 Mile from Port Alberni.
My 4.3 is a gas hog when loaded with all the gear.

Yes she is registered I just haven't put the stickers on yet. Thank you for the feed back. She is a solid smooth riding boat with great fuel economy. Head turner every were you go.

Back