Fresh B.C. sockeye ?

B

Brisco

Does anyone know where the B.C. socks that are for sale at Save-On Foods are coming from ?

I guess that depends on whether they are "fresh frozen" or truly "fresh".... From what I have seen on SFBC, they could even come from Russia if they are "fresh frozen". Having said that, I have a friend that is Commercial fishing for Sockeye at the moment in Bella Bella......... SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Striper Sniper, for sure fresh. I was kind of surprised.

Hey Brisco, I would think that if they are commercial fishing them in Bella Bella or Bella Coola, which is Northern BC, that they could find their way into Jimmie's stores fresh.... just guessing. SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Brisco

Does anyone know where the B.C. socks that are for sale at Save-On Foods are coming from ?
The Nass a local restaurant has some as well.

imgp0742mj2.th.jpg

Bit of a pet peve (sp?) of mine. Bella Bella and Bella Coola are not in Northern BC. While they are managed by the North Coast Division of DFO in Prince Rupert they are far from in the north. Don't forget about everything north of Prince Rupert that flows through SE AK. Stikine, Taku, Alsek...all BC rivers with decent runs of sockeye, chinook, and coho.
Cheers and tight lines!

Hey SS, No worries! I am back on Van Isl but spent 7+ years in that country...can't let people (myself included) forget about it! :)

Back