Fraser River

How often do you usually catch springs while sockeye/pink fishing off sandheads?If so how deep?

How often do you usually catch springs while sockeye/pink fishing off sandheads?If so how deep?

quote:Originally posted by RobTufnail

Do you often do you usually catch springs while sockeye/pink fishing off sandheads?If so how deep?

Well, it's not like it's all the time or anything, but much of the time it's Springs striking the Sox Gear you have out while you're targetting Sox. . This past year was poor relatively speaking for me for Springs off the Fraser--I think I had 1 spring "on" for every 4 trips I went for Sockeye???

quote:Originally posted by RobTufnail

Do you often do you usually catch springs while sockeye/pink fishing off sandheads?If so how deep?

Well, it's not like it's all the time or anything, but much of the time it's Springs striking the Sox Gear you have out while you're targetting Sox. . This past year was poor relatively speaking for me for Springs off the Fraser--I think I had 1 spring "on" for every 4 trips I went for Sockeye???

oh yeah thats what i figured, i wouldnt mind some "by-catch" going for pinks and sox;)
Last year i lost a fish taking some good runs i saw it from a distance when it rised to the surface, too far to tell if it was a sock, but it would have been a pretty big one about 10-12 lbs, so it may have been a spring.

As for pinks this will be my first year.

oh yeah thats what i figured, i wouldnt mind some "by-catch" going for pinks and sox;)
Last year i lost a fish taking some good runs i saw it from a distance when it rised to the surface, too far to tell if it was a sock, but it would have been a pretty big one about 10-12 lbs, so it may have been a spring.

As for pinks this will be my first year.

Back