Fraser river sockeye

Basically Early Thompson and Late Shuswap are having really poor returns,

However they are other fraser runs that are overforcast like , Weaver, Early Stuart and Birkenhead, Big Silver That are well over forecast

While Chilko and Quesnel are coming in at forcast or a bit below,

Attachments

• 2022 08 23 Distribution.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 17
There is 550k Commercial TAC at the current run size but are being constrained by late run

The order in which the law states

Conservation
FSC
Commercial
Sport

Where does the treaty US fishing go in that order ?

Americans screwed us and caught all the late run TAC

View attachment 84091
No , Justin Trudeau and his DFO minister screwed us. Divide and conquer is what he does. While we are fighting for a chance to catch a few fish to feed our family and blaming the FN or the Americans for the same things we would do if allowed. It’s funny how every river on the West coast had record sockeye returns other than the the Fraser.

No mention of the commercial overfishing allowed by the DFO four years ago. Everything is blamed on habitat destruction and other human activity. Notably even mentioning climate change in this article.although most every other major run of sockeye rivers had very good returns this year.
Water flow was optimal and average river temp so hopefully a better return in four years if the nets finally come out of the river.

Can you point to the law where sustenance fishing comes after commercial fishing?

You missed the point

You missed the point

What point did I miss? I just asked to be pointed to where “the law states” that commercial fishing comes before sport fishing as was suggested.
I have never seen that law and just want to read it for my own benefit.

Area 12 ps hit over 3000 yesterday. We still be able to say they are late, may be??

So even if the lates come in late (haha) there would have to be a lot of them to have directed fisheries on them, The time to fish is now well the summers are still lower river and mouth. As there is about 550k tac to be shared between commercial and Rec for summer run,

So even if the lates come in late (haha) there would have to be a lot of them to have directed fisheries on them, The time to fish is now well the summers are still lower river and mouth. As there is about 550k tac to be shared between commercial and Rec for summer run,
There are a ton of sockeye around. I think more than there was pinks last year but the political idiots want to appease a certain demographic with a stupid amount of fish... IMO... Seen it before.

There are a ton of sockeye around. I think more than there was pinks last year but the political idiots want to appease a certain demographic with a stupid amount of fish... IMO... Seen it before.
I’ve herd some rumours that First Nations have threatens to do actions if they left the commercial guys fish.

I’ve herd some rumours that First Nations have threatens to do actions if they left the commercial guys fish.
Let them try and then take all money hand outs away. Being someone who worked in Government for 33 years it would be easy to squash there stupidity... Sad to say but they are another group looking for more and more hand outs. There will be a day when it all ends and no more free money goes to the reserves. As long as the governments continue to be racists it will exist. We are in 2022 and people are still not equals... Very sad to see and have to talk about it. I grew up with nothing, worked hard and created something for myself. I have some very good friends that are native and are sick of the mentality within the reserve. (Northern SK) Well that was my rant.... enough of this stupidity.

Ran out the river this morning, sockeye everywhere. Indians are still fishing even though they have their quota. What a shitshow. Indians can indefinitely fish, break the rules, Americans can fish, no commercial or sport for us. What in the actual ****. I hope this gets to the minister. I hope you get struck by a lightning bolt

Ran out the river this morning, sockeye everywhere. Indians are still fishing even though they have their quota. What a shitshow. Indians can indefinitely fish, break the rules, Americans can fish, no commercial or sport for us. What in the actual ****. I hope this gets to the minister. I hope you get struck by a lightning bolt
I hope someone posts some pictures for people to actually see the never ending program of FSC fishery. Shouldn't be hard to track the totes full of fish being doled out to the various band members either to ensure accountability. The home freezers must get full eventually.

I hope someone posts some pictures for people to actually see the never ending program of FSC fishery. Shouldn't be hard to track the totes full of fish being doled out to the various band members either to ensure accountability. The home freezers must get full eventually.

And the 50 craigslist adds and Facebook adds for fish for sale. Wouldn't want those Indians to starve now would we

from what i heads it's almost a pure sale fishery now, Fist are not going into the bands freezers, their plugged is sale now

Back