Fraser river sockeye

Just In

Tuesday, August 23, 2022
The Fraser River Panel met Tuesday, August 23, to receive an update on the migration of
Fraser River sockeye salmon and review the status of migration conditions in the Fraser River
watershed.
It is currently estimated that 2,780,200 sockeye have passed the Mission hydroacoustics site.
The Panel made no changes to run sizes at today’s meeting.
On August 22 the discharge of the Fraser River at Hope was 3,437 cms, which is approximately
19% higher than average for this date. The temperature of the Fraser River at Qualark Creek on
August 22 was 20.30C, which is 20C above average for this date. Fraser River discharge levels and
water temperatures will be monitored closely to determine if specific management actions are
required during the in-river migratory period to help achieve sockeye escapement goals.
All Panel Area Waters remain closed to commercial salmon fishing.
The next in-season meeting of the Panel is scheduled to occur on Friday, August 26, 2022.

The test boat off renfrew got almost 8000 sockeye yesterday and they still wont open it. What does that tell you. What a joke!

Tells me that there will be a buy back for the rest of the licences since no one can use them, then they will give the rest of them to the Indians. Then I'll sell everything and get the **** outta here. That's what that means

If you make a living from fishing I would strongly suggest bailing. Ever watched a government meeting? They begin by basically stroking off the local FN band for even allowing the meeting to take place on “their land” in the first place. At this point I believe it’ll only escalate and it’d probably be easier to pack your bags and move to a different country then change the direction of this government.

If you make a living from fishing I would strongly suggest bailing.
I bailed from trolling for salmon many years ago. I was lucky enough to hang on to tuna fishing for a number of years after that but when we got kicked out of USA waters it made the season too short and unpredictable to make a living from Tuna.
I think the fellows who are spending big $$$$$$$ on fancy new boats are crazy. Fishing is a clearly sunset industry for all but FN. There current fuss over who gets to catch the last Adams River sockeye just illustrates what the future holds.

Good to seeing them interviewing the experts!:rolleyes: Greg Taylor from Watershed Watch and Misty McDuffee; can spread the lies of ENGO's better than anyone! Someone needs to call these guys out to Times Colonist and the Province for all they misinformation they spread!:mad:

I love how he skirted around the overharvesting of the Adams and mid summer stock in 2018.

9 million returned for the 2018 run....and over 6 million were documented that got harvested. That doesn't include the ones that were illegally harvested or not counted.

Its funny how he doesn't want to mention that as its not on his agenda.

He even wrote an article on it...but doesn't mention it now.

Last edited:
Back