Fraser river sockeye

Lots like they are saying no TAC for late run, there is TAC for Summer run but my guess its all gonna go to Natives.

There might be a bit of TAC for Summer for commercial and Rec but then it will be constrained by Late run,

Maybe we will get some BS 1-2 week opening but that will probably be it.
Sorry, No Sockeye For You!

The reality is you could open sockeye for sports fishing all of august and September and we would be lucky 250k. Most of that from in river fishing.

Drop in the hat but like all things now in fisheries management can’t do anything till the natives get their fill. Witch is over 1.25 million.

Obviously to much to eat because the accounts of fish sales is off the charts

The retired guys were around for the best fishing we had in BC. You younger fellows will never see the fishing we had. No need to feel sorry for retirees.

Ignorance is bliss, don’t no what it was so don’t no what were missing lol

It’s like the old guys going on about steelhead, what are they lol

Last edited:
The reality is you could open sockeye for sports fishing all of august and September and we would be lucky 250k. Most of that from in river fishing.

Drop in the hat but like all things now in fisheries management can’t do anything till the natives get their fill. Witch is over 1.25 million.

Obviously to much to eat because the accounts of fish sales is off the charts
What’s the math per native whose ancestry actually harvested sockeye?

Definelty wasn't rolling in the millions for the bands to split up. Then again good thing we created diesel engines and hydraulics, good thing the Japanese figured out the gillent. Whoops did I say that outloud again? Whoops

What does this person do with the old fish? I’m really having a hard time with this food fishery lets just call it what it really is an Indigenous commercial fishery.

Secondly, there isn’t a sport fisher person or commercial troller that would treat these fish this way. They would be bled out and on ice. Rubber made totes full of fish on the river bank come on where is the respect for these fish?

Frustrated and discouraged.

Attachments

• 16876C3A-2E3F-4BAB-A6AB-6CFFC49D92D8.png
    16876C3A-2E3F-4BAB-A6AB-6CFFC49D92D8.png
    543.2 KB · Views: 104
What does this person do with the old fish? I’m really having a hard time with this food fishery lets just call it what it really is an Indigenous commercial fishery.

Secondly, there isn’t a sport fisher person or commercial troller that would treat these fish this way. They would be bled out and on ice. Rubber made totes full of fish on the river bank come on where is the respect for these fish?

I think you coined it well, the government sanctioned tax free Indigenous commercial fishery. this weekend I will go to Sandheads with my son, and instead of being able to keep two to three sockeye, we will throw them back. This double standards have to end, the will of the minority should not be given rights above and beyond what reasonable, i would say we have certainly passed the point of unreasonable. I'm also getting really tired of the trope "OUR LAND OUR TRADITIONS" while driving ford f150s and using 300 Mercs on their boats, they are certainly not using tradition FN gear.

i plastered that on Joyce Murrays twitter feed, keep posting ill keep bombarding her feed

You should ask Watershed and Suzuki for opening they basically run the department. Suprised they don't have offices there.

What a bunch of crap this group spews out. We commend the minister give me a break.

There was never a chance to open anything before Sept 1st.

Last edited:
I think you coined it well, the government sanctioned tax free Indigenous commercial fishery. this weekend I will go to Sandheads with my son, and instead of being able to keep two to three sockeye, we will throw them back. This double standards have to end, the will of the minority should not be given rights above and beyond what reasonable, i would say we have certainly passed the point of unreasonable. I'm also getting really tired of the trope "OUR LAND OUR TRADITIONS" while driving ford f150s and using 300 Mercs on their boats, they are certainly not using tradition FN gear.
Couldn’t agree more how the hell did traditional turn into using modern methods of harvest and no rules! Following tradition should be in the traditional ways of harvesting and commercial should be under a license and the same rules for everyone I don’t give a damn what color you are or when you arrived here! Just my 2 cents.

Back