Found prawn traps-Nanoose

Charter Tofino

Friend of mine said he had seen traps sittin there for weeks and they were drifting each time. No name on the float and it looked as if it had been in the water a while.I had mine stolen at the end of last season so he gave them to me. Feel bad taking them without trying to find the owner. If they are yours just tell me the setup you had and ill bring them over to you. thanks

Hi Kelly,
If they have stainless steel waits on the line I would be mighty happy, because I had a set of gear go missing in front of Madrona Point, in Nanoose.
Thanks,
Jeff

Kelly

I lost 2 sets in late April out of Schooner Cove. Commercial style 2 traps per set although 1 trap was not SS. One float was large dia. and almost pinkish. The other was orange and probably around 16". I thought mine were marked though. The line was that light green sinking line. Hope I get lucky.

Glenn

sorry guys but neither match Copper that sucks losing 2 sets! there are some guys stealing gear in the area.i would post the description but then i could see people claiming it as thiers. please no guessing in hopes of a match.

Giusti i didnt get to the marina in time. I just tried to launch the boat but it was closed. I might drop by the managers house tonight and set the traps tonight but not much time to troll tonight. I will try and fish tommorow for a bit but this weekends not working out well for fishing.

kelly, the manager is lesley, my family use to own the marina, tell her your a friend of rolly, im pretty sure you could arrange something for launching times, and what not, just talk to her, and tell her you kno me.

Fish the top of mistaken, 180 feet

Giusti were good friends with lesley shes a good person as was her husband.. I called her and she let us slip in on E dock. 14 fter with 30 yamie. I just set a string of traps tonight and that nasty northwester 25kts picked up. I wont bother getting up in the morning as i bet i will be blowing hard. Ill pick up my traps late morning and maybe get some fishing in. talked to the guy in the canaventure he was out for an hour and lost one at the boat in the teens. Sounds like good fishing im sure ill see you down there. good luck

Kelly

Not my lucky day I guess. I'm going to have to change the way I trap next year. Pretty decent of you to look for the lost traps' owner.
Good Luck

Back