Former Federal Fisheries Minister Jonathan Wilkinson purposely altered scientific recommendations by his own DFO to support non selective g

cohochinook

Watch this Global TV Story.
Current Environment and former Fisheries Minister Jonathan Wilkinson and his team purposely altered scientific recommendations by his own DFO to support non selective gillnet fisheries in the Fraser River.. Outrageous. We need leadership from Politicians, DFO and stakeholders to support the recovery of endangered stocks and sustainable fisheries.

Yup, as I said on the other thread on this subject, the Sr Bureaucrats and Ministers office have been doing this since the Species at Risk Act came into force through Martin, Harper and now Trudeau. Back the first time they tried to list Thompson steelhead and Nicola Chinook the powers that be wouldn’t allow the assessment report to label water as critical habitat for cripes sake!

Same lie by DFO every time, we have legislation and management powers to protect these stocks better than SARA but, of course, they never have the will to follow through, if they ever had it. Still as disgusting a lie to the public as it’s ever been! What hope do these stocks have when these are the people entrusted in managing this resource on behalf of us all?

Sad.

Ukee

and nothing will be done about their Lies and Deceit.
it's been going on for years and years.

no surprise these POS called decision makers baffle so many with their BS and get put into these positions.

There should be a class action suit Against DFO and ministers.

SICKENING

I know it’s pointless but I wrote a letter to the Mike Smyth and Jill Bennett hoping they would shed some more light on this for the public and call out our ex-minister on more of his lies. If anyone remembers Jill asked him 3 times about gill nets in the rivers while we were all shutdown... he adamantly denied it even though all the openings were posted on DFO’s site.

Back