For Sale 1992 Commander 30

I've asked the few guys that I would approve of. Everyone loves coming on the boat, but they'd rather throw me the odd brownie to help out.
Typical, too keep a boat that size with twin inboards needs full on commitment,when it’s running good it’s haven, but when it’s always pulling $$$ out of your account to keep it running it gets to anybody, I know for a fact I am nowhere near your repair bills and know for a fact golf is cheaper, I for one is hoping you make a recovery and keep the boat, but only you know how much more you can handle

I think you would be suprised at how quick your motors and drives would sell, when I did mine even with a blown motor there was guys trying to buy it who were just walking by the shop that didn’t even know it was for sale and your gear is way more sought after then mine
My ad41b sold for 3k, and the DP sold for 2k, still nowhere near what a pod and outboard would cost, yours is worth a lot more to the right buyer, a guy from the Us bought both, sold quickly. In good shape I am sure they would fetch a good dollar, but not enough to cover a pod and outboards, north of a 100k.

My ad41b sold for 3k, and the DP sold for 2k, still nowhere near what a pod and outboard would cost, yours is worth a lot more to the right buyer, a guy from the Us bought both, sold quickly. In good shape I am sure they would fetch a good dollar, but not enough to cover a pod and outboards, north of a 100k.
I wasn't expecting to have it cover all of it, not even close. It's easy enough to say they're worth money but I'd need top dollar for it all and I'd need it today. If I could pull 30k out of the two engines and three drives it would put a small dent in the total.

Well guys, it's the end of an era. The boat is currently in Powell River having a major repair done that I can't afford. Whoever owns it next will have the luxury of my 5 years of trying to piece together the issues from the previous owner. And now that it's finally done right, I'm in too deep. Engines just pulled and exhaust pipes replaced. Engines fully serviced, drives serviced and now installed correctly. Worn parts replaced. She has a new lease on life with less than 2000 hours on the engines. It also includes a fully rebuilt spare drive with a value of over 30k when new. Survey just completed and all issues taken care of. Hull is in amazing shape. New carpets, radar, pumps, toilet, windlass, 30HP kicker, rear helm, fridge, sink, panel, charger, toilet, batteries, starters, alternators, decals, bimini, solar panels rigger wiring and mounts, rear station, propane valves and more, all done within my time owning it. I'm gutted. But I hope to see it out there with blood all over the place again soon. She's a fishy boat (now). PM if interested. Listing when I get it home for $129k
View attachment 103382View attachment 103383View attachment 103384View attachment 103385View attachment 103386View attachment 103387View attachment 103388

Don't do it. You will regret it. Find a way to keep it.

Sad to read this however if you can’t be confident in its reliability and the financial burden seems to be continual selling it seems to be the appropriate decision. Difficult to enjoy boating if the operating costs are ridiculous.

Best advice yet^^^^^

So are you still selling it ???
Well I wasn't going to leave for the new owner to fix regardless. Still for sale, I'm in no rush though. I'm not going to let it go for less than I'm asking and I still need a boat in the meantime. If something great comes along then I might change my tune. The used market is pretty poopy though.

Back