Food and beverage boat

hahaha I actually joked about this a few times as I was bbq/grilling while fishing in sooke. My buddies and I eating our hot lunch during cold days and seeing others go by without. I also had for the first time instant noodles on a boat while fishing.... pretty epic on a chilly morning

Your post brings me such fond memories of Haa Nee Naa when the chef arrived on the water in his whites including the hat with a full size barbecue he made us salmon burgers and delivered them to each boat
If you ever want a special trip I can’t recommend them more

Sunds lodge on Malcolm island had a burger boat that went around to all there guide boats and cooked the guests and the guides an awesome burger, they also had a beach Bistro where they put ashore at Lizard and another place in the Plumpers and served hot soup and fresh cooked crab. It was well received by the guests.
Johnny Buck's Northwest Safaris were doing this in the early 70's for guests in Rivers Inlet. They had a 30' Chriscraft and the chef was on board. They would motor thru their fleet of guide boats, either tying them alongside for a cooked breakfast, or handing them a brownbag in a long-handled fish net. His service was legendary -- the guides would run the boats if the fishing was far from camp, and the guests would either be delivered in the Chriscraft with breakfast enroute, or flown the length of the inlet in his floatplane.

Okay, Stage II. Name the bite boat. My first thought is:

Skip the Fishes. (particularly apt on a slow day)

Reg number must have 008 in it.
Okay, Stage II. Name the bite boat. My first thought is:

Skip the Fishes. (particularly apt on a slow day)

Reg number must have 008 in it.
Well, if it was me serving up the goods, the name would clearly be Banger's Boatin Breakfast & Burritos

Can you squeeze bowel movement in there somehow?
I remember fishing with Joe's Salmo Lodge up at Laradeo
Can you squeeze bowel movement in there somehow?
i remember fishing with Joe's Salmon Lodge at Laredo Sound one year and they had a BBQ boat that came right out to the fishing grounds.
we pulled up with our Whalers and placed our orders like a drive through then picked up when ready

I was gonna say "Fish n Chicks" bit the damn Fullers already stole it.
When I was much younger we thought a floating restaurant/brothel on the fishing grounds away from home would be great..Never crosses my mind now,but "Fish and Chicks" made me think of it.

When I was much younger we thought a floating restaurant/brothel on the fishing grounds away from home would be great..Never crosses my mind now,but "Fish and Chicks" made me think of it.
Used to be a who## boat during commercial sockeye fishing in the late 60s at Rivers Inlet. They were allowed to tie up at Bachen's Dawsons Landing float for a short time but had to vacate quickly when the "God Boat:" Thomas Crosley tied up !!! Also-- there HAS to be some members here that remember the burger boat that operated off Francisco Point/Butlers in Campbell River ?

We had a place on Whatcom Lake years ago , the “Burger Boat” was out cruising every weekend all weekend , burgers fries dogs nachos….couldn’t miss him he had a huge burger cutout on a pontoon like boat , be a good thing on Okanagan Lake

Used to be a who## boat during commercial sockeye fishing in the late 60s at Rivers Inlet. They were allowed to tie up at Bachen's Dawsons Landing float for a short time but had to vacate quickly when the "God Boat:" Thomas Crosley tied up !!! Also-- there HAS to be some members here that remember the burger boat that operated off Francisco Point/Butlers in Campbell River ?
Ocean Falls had some as well that serviced the locals and fishing fleet. Was out at a place called Pecker Point. Subtlety was not their strong suit.

Back