FN's Blockade Moose Hunters

Are the non-FN hunters using moose nets to over harvest the moose...or infesting them with moose lice? I'll bet if there was a strong underground market for Moose meat like sockeye the freezers wouldn't have any moose meat in them.

I am super familiar with the area that is blockaded, I remember going in there late spring/ summer and having seen the First nations slaughter a bunch of Moose....cows pregnant with calves you name it.....WONDER WHY THERE IS A LACK OF MOOSE

I guess it is our fault there is less moose

This crap of blockading roads is a real sore spot for me....We should blockade our roads

lol... that wouldn't work SJ. You'd get arrested for disturbing the peace or something

I have hunted in area 6 a lot since 1994 and gone to that late season hunt it is a real hit or miss hunt as the rut is defanatlly over and if it is not cold you will not get too many. when there is snow and cold we did very well but then went when there wasnt snow and cold and we were lucky to get one on the very last day and there were about 50 hunters in there and only 5 animals shot.

So for one as myself that has "been there done that" really not a great time and not too much to worry about, maybe if they stop the pitlamping that they "ARE" allowed to do and dont over harvest then maybe they would have some!!!

MY 2 cents Wolf

the funny thing is they want to block the road now....they seem to forget how it got there....lets tear it out, and see if they still want the area to themselves...everybody or nobody

there were 2 other roads blocked after this one

Back