fishmas at Becher

marula

Got a late start and hit whirl bay which was real quite. Got a call for assistance on 68; Gentleman was motoring behind Fraser Island and kicker fall off and was dangling in the water held only by the fuel hose and electrical wiring. I pulled up gear and gave assistance then proceeded to fish becher channel and then bedfords. Picked up two smaller springs and that was about it. Nice day out, will try again tommorrow.

Oh no!!!!!!!! do tell there Kelly loose some gear??fish???rod??downrigger balls???

Wolf

There were no beer, with one of these guys, beer would result in fewer people coming back then going out cause of how he gets on my nerves. Nope, it involved ALL of my tackle trays crashing out of my cabinet cause someone didn't latch the door after wanting to go through it, then as I crawled my arse up into the v-berth for a different rod for someone, one of them saw fit to turn the boat into the TIGHTSEST possible radius in a nice Sooke side-wind.. "Pick a direction and Go Straight" seems to be impossible to describe to people. Voila, Birds nests, and when someone leaves barbs on hooks, the barbs will cut braided downrigger line. Maybe my fault for letting amateurs try to stack 6 rods with flashers off two downriggers, just in case Winter fishing is not consistent enough doing it the old-fasioned way. And after the tackle tray catastrophy, I know I will get toothpicks in the bilge pump for months to come.

Far from the worst of days, but it really ground my gears. Ah well..

OH god sounds like fun maybe a few bevies would have made it more some what better,sorry to say been there done that and I feel for you had the same thing happen but in the summer time then the fellow decided to kick my bait bucket over so I lost all my brine and got worse after all that!!!! then get back to the dock and hhhmmmm no gas money to boot needless to say he never went fishing again.

One of my friends boat had a sticker on it and is great

"THIS BOAT RUNS ON GAS NOT FRIENDSHIP"

Good luck Wolf

quote:Originally posted by LastChance

Today was not so great for me. Ever have one of those days you wish you left the fishin' buddies behind?
The one person I could tolerate fishing with was my x brother in law.It was his boat and I kept my hands and thoughts to myself, no tinkering with GPS, radio and especially downriggers.
People I have taken out drive me insane,ie dropping downrigger on approach to Secretary Island. It goes on and on.
Therefore I prefer and do mostly fish solo. Obviously not gaining friendships,dont care.

We need to mod a bumper sticker I saw for fishing. "Grass cash or butt, no one fishes for free". Everyone here knows what it costs to run a boat. Ahh well, I've had worse, it just ground my gears cause it was one of them days I REALLY wanted to fish, not just bum around on the boat. Oh well, I think I"ll play Hookey tomorrow and make up for it.

Back