Fishing In Courtenay

I personally replace my line every month its not the age of the line that matters it the uv rays thats why i change so often lets face it line is cheap you never know when that 50 lber will hit so you want the best line out there we just get lazy thats all.

Heh wolf on my 11 foot casting rod that I use for shore casting and mooching I use 200 yards of 40 lbs fly line backing then 125 yards of
40 lbs fireline my main line was still strong but it was almost as if the backing had started to break down is there some thing I can spray it with, I wash my gear everytime I use it. It wasn't hard to find the fish yesterday there must have been at least 150 to 200 birds feasting on herring. Met someone coming in that had been out for a few hours getting herring and showed me some of the ones he caught boy some of them sure are big. Will be going out this sunday with someone else so will be trolling not jigging. Comox harbour is over flowing with the herring fleet more and more boats showing up every day. So are the fishery officers... Talked to them and they told me the first openings for herring start in the next 14 days.
Cheers M.E.

Heh wolf on my 11 foot casting rod that I use for shore casting and mooching I use 200 yards of 40 lbs fly line backing then 125 yards of
40 lbs fireline my main line was still strong but it was almost as if the backing had started to break down is there some thing I can spray it with, I wash my gear everytime I use it. It wasn't hard to find the fish yesterday there must have been at least 150 to 200 birds feasting on herring. Met someone coming in that had been out for a few hours getting herring and showed me some of the ones he caught boy some of them sure are big. Will be going out this sunday with someone else so will be trolling not jigging. Comox harbour is over flowing with the herring fleet more and more boats showing up every day. So are the fishery officers... Talked to them and they told me the first openings for herring start in the next 14 days.
Cheers M.E.

Sorry dont know of anything for fly fishing equipment i am a saltwater fanatic most of the time trolling or what we call power mooching maybe some one else knows of something good luck Wolf

Sorry dont know of anything for fly fishing equipment i am a saltwater fanatic most of the time trolling or what we call power mooching maybe some one else knows of something good luck Wolf

Heh wolf only use the backing to give more line lenght use braided fire line you feel everything when mooching jigging or throwing from shore, no stretch at all. 40lbs has the diameter of 8lbs test and its as tough as nails but expensive two I use 125 yards and then 200 yards of backing. Hookups are great. Cheers M.E.

Heh wolf only use the backing to give more line lenght use braided fire line you feel everything when mooching jigging or throwing from shore, no stretch at all. 40lbs has the diameter of 8lbs test and its as tough as nails but expensive two I use 125 yards and then 200 yards of backing. Hookups are great. Cheers M.E.

I heard there was a few fish caught over the last few day's haven't had a chance to get out. Will be headed out this thursday again. Does anyone else have any reports of catching fish lately between courtenay and campbell river? Cheers M.E.

I heard there was a few fish caught over the last few day's haven't had a chance to get out. Will be headed out this thursday again. Does anyone else have any reports of catching fish lately between courtenay and campbell river? Cheers M.E.

Back