Fishfinder shopping

I just went through this whole game and though my research like everyone has said don't by one online they wont come with the transducer you need. If you want side scan you will need 2 transducers the combo transducers are not designed for our ocean conditions. From what i was told there were designed for fishing in the mississippi. Definitely talk to someone local they know what the guides use. The transducer is the most important feature. U need to match it to the water conditions you will be fishing.

I'm looking at the simrad go 9". Everything u need with out all the stuff u never use. Big fan go HC

Did you go with the SIMRAD? If so, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. I'm looking to replace my outdated electronics with a 7-9" replacement.

The simrad go 7 is not able to have radar. The 9" simrad go is able to run radar. I'm still boat shopping but I will buy a simrad unit once I find a boat.

Has anyone had success using SideScan to locate schools of bait?

I haven't used side scan for bait, however it has put a lot of coho and chum in my boat when they are schooled up.
For me the investment paid off many times over.

Next up "multi scan". Network you and your buddies sonars together over WiFi searching a huge swath of water all at once. :)

The lowrance like water wolf said..... Easy to use and the mapping feature is pretty simple and getting more popular as people start using it. Look for sales on the gen2 units as gen3 is replacing them
Gen3 is on sale and Carbon is the new line for Lowrance. Things change FAST with electronics these days! :)

Back