fishfinder gps combo

canucks6

i need some help and info. i m making my first trip to the island in the summer. i have an old garmin 172c gps and a lowrance fishfinder. the fishfinder has an internal gps but doesnt work that great, the card for the garmin will cost me almost 200$.
its time for an upgrade. i m looking for a gps fishfinder combo hopefully under 1000$ but if i go a bit over no worries. humminbird furuno raymarine garmin so many choices so many options.

any info would be greatly appreciated.

I love my Raymarine Dragonfly!

$799 for the raymarine dragonfly with the navinics card hard to beat that. Stevston marine

$799 for the raymarine dragonfly with the navinics card hard to beat that. Stevston marine

I was!
Same machine, 30% off at westmarine, and then another 30% because it was the display model, not a scratch, and under $400 with Charts, Transducer and tax

Will the dragonfly with the nav gold be suitable off the island. Plan on making a trip a year to ocean.

It should, if you're concerned, you could get a a78 MFD, and an external antenna, in case you're in a metal wheelhouse, it should run you at about $900 plus tax, and you can always add on, say if you wanted radar or some other Raymarine products at some point...

I see no reason the Dragonfly would not, it would be the Chartography, visit http://www.navionics.com/en/gold to see what you have. It has a 50 Channel GPS, so it should pick up a gps signal everywhere in the world.

The gold card that comes pre packaged with these units is less than desireable. Better off to purchase the navionics + then upgrade to sonar charts or look for an older card on ebay.

Well for $400 bucks just buy it!!

I did, I finally picked it up today, find it a little bit slow on chart loading to be honest...

but I haven't gotten a chance to fiddle around with the settings, or installed it properly for that matter...

Back