Fish Farms - Why We Can't Get Rid of Them

The Tyee is so blatantly leftwing that it lost all credibility years ago. When that rag led the charge with one of it's resident bunny huggers to ban Bear hunting a few years back most outdoors folk blacklisted it. Still popular with some "artists", kids, old hippy draft dodgers and academics though. I'm sure that guy with the same name as the Japanese car reads it;)

To bad because Morton has been a stalwart against fish farms but demeans herself by settling for the Tyee for her mouthpiece.

A liar will assume you are lying

Kisinana, yes, I think you could say our government is "in bed" with the fish farming industry companies. Government wants fish farming to succeed obviously. The money they generate into the economy is probably huge. DFO should be protecting our wild salmon but it sure looks like keeping big industry alive is way more important to them (therefore looking the other way when problems arise in the industry) Bit of a conflict I'd say. DFO does research to assist the industry so money to do that comes from somewhere ....the Fish farming companies or from you and I via taxes. I suspect both.

Justfish, what do you have against academics ?? lol ...yes it is too bad Morton's article wasn't published in a better paper/mag.

No different than the HST- this government is out to make friends with big business.It's called sucking up to the rich kid.

Hooch
swiftsurehaliaug07-1.jpg

Back