Fish bags

Matthias

For those who don't have built in fish boxes, how are you storing your fish? I've been using a long styrofoam box but it's a big bulky and gets in the way, and is annoying to clean.
I'm looking at this fish bag in the link below. They seem reasonably priced for what they are.
Does anyone have experience with fish bags, and can share details with respect to quality, capacity, cleaning efforts?

I trying to figure out how many fish you could pack in these things.

For those who don't have built in fish boxes, how are you storing your fish? I've been using a long styrofoam box but it's a big bulky and gets in the way, and is annoying to clean.
I'm looking at this fish bag in the link below. They seem reasonably priced for what they are.
Does anyone have experience with fish bags, and can share details with respect to quality, capacity, cleaning efforts?

You can fit one fish in that one...
Mine leaks and eventually water got into the core so it weighed 100lbs. It says on the sites that they're meant to leak to keep the quality of the fish but you could also just open the damn drain if you wanted. I wish mine didn't leak.

The Yankees all swear by the Reliable kill bags

They make a bunch of sizes and have a drain plug

That's the one I have

That's the one I have. I have a big one I used to take up to QCL with me. The fish master would bring me out 2 totes of ice every morning. I could fit 2 halibut and half a dozen salmon in it no problem. The fish where cold as ice. They work great.

Sounds like rain city might have gotten a defective one?
@ILHG what size are you referring to?
Either way looks like a decent option.
Thanks for the input!

Thanks for the input!

It leaks a little. Its slow & helps keep the catch fresh. I will have to measure it before I can tell you the size.

Thanks for the input!
No they actually come with a slip inside saying "you must caulk the inside to waterproof"

Lol, ya I guess I am anyways. I'm just saying a slow leak makes no difference to me. I could water prof it, but its probably a 500L bag.

I have this Calcutta bag, great for carrying ice to the boat and fish from the boat to the cleaning station and beyond, but doesn’t hold ice all that long for fish storage on the boat. I find it quite useful in general.

I used @Derby a Reliable kill bag in summer after a trip. With these I use fish bags/doubled, and then ice. I never just put the fish in so leaking isn't an issue. If it leaks its just ice water.

I carry two of the silver horde bags that are cheap right now. https://www.silverhorde.com/lure-storage-and-kill-bags.html

I think I will get same the Reliable ones this season. I don't have the room for big coolers on my boat, so they work great for what I need.

Here is another more local option - these are more tailored to salmon fishing

I used @Derby a Reliable kill bag in summer after a trip. With these I use fish bags/doubled, and then ice. I never just put the fish in so leaking isn't an issue. If it leaks its just ice water.

I carry two of the silver horde bags that are cheap right now. https://www.silverhorde.com/lure-storage-and-kill-bags.html

I think I will get same the Reliable ones this season. I don't have the room for big coolers on my boat, so they work great for what I need.
I have a Koldzone bag I have hardly used. It’s dusty fro being in my shed. The fellow I bought from did add silicone to inside seams. Must be a thing. Works great. I don’t need it though as my current boat has a big fish hold. List price is $200 plus USD. Would sell for first $75 if it helps anyone on here. Will post pics as soon as I can reduce file size7334E3CD-9613-4708-9333-E215D8E3333C.png

Attachments

• 37CD54B0-CFC8-44ED-84EF-2DC34687D987.jpeg
    37CD54B0-CFC8-44ED-84EF-2DC34687D987.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 23
  • F22FD01E-9E90-4413-B33A-03000AC15DF8.jpeg
    F22FD01E-9E90-4413-B33A-03000AC15DF8.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 88BFD02C-61C5-427A-AB6E-A0086A379285.jpeg
    88BFD02C-61C5-427A-AB6E-A0086A379285.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 17
Back