First time out

Statler

Well finally got the new boat on the water today. More of a shake down cruise than anything else. Took the wife along and it was her first time ever fishing. We launched at Pedder Bay and about 10 mins out she hooked her first fish. It was just a pink but you would think that it was a 50 lbder she was reeling in. She sure was excited reeled it in like a pro. Had her driving for a while, that is going to take a bit of practice. She was a little nervous and made a few sharp turns here and there that resulted in a couple of tangled lines but it was fun none the less. By the end of the day she was feeling a little more comfortable with driving and I'm sure with a few more trips she will get the hang of it. All in all it wasn't a bad day at all. Lost a bit of gear but that was more to me not waiting to get the depthsounder installed and dragging bottom a couple of times. Should have that squared of this week and hopefully it will cut down on that. We had a lot of fun and are looking foward to gettting out as much as possible.

Well finally got the new boat on the water today. More of a shake down cruise than anything else. Took the wife along and it was her first time ever fishing. We launched at Pedder Bay and about 10 mins out she hooked her first fish. It was just a pink but you would think that it was a 50 lbder she was reeling in. She sure was excited reeled it in like a pro. Had her driving for a while, that is going to take a bit of practice. She was a little nervous and made a few sharp turns here and there that resulted in a couple of tangled lines but it was fun none the less. By the end of the day she was feeling a little more comfortable with driving and I'm sure with a few more trips she will get the hang of it. All in all it wasn't a bad day at all. Lost a bit of gear but that was more to me not waiting to get the depthsounder installed and dragging bottom a couple of times. Should have that squared of this week and hopefully it will cut down on that. We had a lot of fun and are looking foward to gettting out as much as possible.

right on statler , always nice to be there for the first fish. I took the opposite tack when I brought my wife out fishing the first time , I yelled at her a few times and now she doesn't want to come out any more!

beemer

I suppose there is always that but I still need a few more things to kit the boat out and if she is happy.....

A happy wife is a happy life. Well you have to learn something going into wife number 2.....LOL That would be me with wife number 2!!!! Not you...or at least not that I know of.

Back