Fires in B.C.

Mako 22

Wow, you gents must be having a bad fire season. The winds are pushing the smoke to Port Angeles and up against the Olympics.

My neighbors barn is about 150 yards away and I can see a smoke haze between my house and his barn!

Yep. I'm in the north Okanagan and it's been pretty smokey for about a week. This is the second time around for this area. Last time was about 2 weeks ago and finally cleared out. Forecast for this area: no rain for foreseeable future and hi temps. Has been 37 a couple times last 10 days and predicted to be closer to 40 by end of week. I live right beside a creek and my lawn has never been as brown and crispy as this year.

I'm in Kamloops atm, and it's the worst I've ever seen it here. every day seems to get a bit more smokier and I find myself thinking todays the worst I've ever seen it.... woke up yesterday morning smelling heavy smoke and started to panic thinking there might be a fire in the house. Then quickly realized, oh yeah... the forest fires...
really, really thick here in town. Everything fades into grey after a few hundred yards...
Blue sky? Sun?, What's that...?

I live 20 miles north of Seattle - pretty smoky; trees 200ft away are blurred. Down in Seattle it is worse.

Even out in JDF off Sooke you could see the red sun, the heavy smoke and smell it. Not good for those with lung problems. One wonders how the govt. is going to calculate the carbon credits - grin.

Off to Ucluelet I go! Time for a long weekend to refresh my lungs! Hope the winds cooperate and it's all clear over there. I'm sure it will be.

So much for a scenic flight. I thought the ocean would have blown all this crap back into Vancouver

Attachments

• IMG_6514.JPG
    IMG_6514.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_6515.JPG
    IMG_6515.JPG
    296.5 KB · Views: 50
I just got home from a road trip from vancouver to regina (left july 30) and drove the coq to kelowna then thru banff, at times you couldn't see the mountains at all there, and it was smokey hazey all the way to saskatchewan, drove back along highway 3, smoke all thru alberta and all the way thru bc to vancouver, with a detour up thru 3a kootenay lake ferry, quite smokey at north end of kootenay lake, spent a bit of time at christina lake, a bit smokey there and watched quite the lightening storm across the lake on monday nite. luckily we hit no road closures but just unbelievable how big an area this smoke is covering. I guess this is what it'll look like when trump shoots down north korean nukes over western canada, lol

nothing a 1000hp can't do on a boat. LOL

One good thing about the smoke is it takes the bite out of the sun. Working construction through a south Okanagan summer you see some pretty hot days, this past few weeks have still had the 35+ temperatures but the sunlight is filtered and it's much more bearable. Must be an ordeal for those with asthma and other respiratory issues though.

Back