Finding and repairing a leak around a window

Bonker43

I have a 2007 - Trophy 1802 and now have a water leak somewhere around the starboard side front and side window. Any suggestions on first how to find where the water is leaking in then repairing it, or the name of a good place to get it repaired. I live
in Coquitlam. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would recommend doing a water test first ---put a hose on it and force it to leak----put the hose on it then get inside and look for it coming in -----see if its coming in between window frame and glass or between window frame and boat---might be coming through the fasteners holding window frame to boat-( that would be a big issue)---whatever it is make sure you clean it good before sealing it we would clean with Isoprophyl alcohol -------as for what goo to use silicone works well---but sikaflex is a good product also

I have an 1802 as well mine was coming in where the black strip is, in the window frame mine shrunk and it left a gap. silicon it and good to go

Hi Guys, thanks for the suggestions. I went out and bought some sikaflex and went to town. My boat will probably now list to starboard as I caulked every
seam and joint visible and used up a third of the tube. As a result of todays heavy rain I went out and checked my handy work. Unfortunately there is still a leak. It's now really pi**ing me off. Any more suggestions out there?????. Thanks.

I had a leak in my roof that travelled down the wall along the window then down window frame.took me forever to find it. I finally fixed it after much searching.good luck.and yes sikaflex is the best.

Not sure if this will help you but when I had a leak in the windshield of my truck the glass guy sprayed a soap solution on the inside of the glass a long the seam. He then used compress air and pointed it a long the seam and bubbles appeared on the outside showing where the leak was. You may want to try that.
GLG

re:leaker

water test --water test-----quit spreading goo on everything and do it right ------------scrape all that goo off you put on there and put the hose to it --start at the bottom of the window and force it to leak see where its coming in --other wise you are just fishtanking it which is a band-aid soloution ----- its not the sealant but how and where you are applying it -----on alot of leaks the cleaning and preparing takes wayyyy more time than the actual applying of new sealant

Back