Finally the Hourston rebuild pics

Kelly, could you detail some of the custom mods that made this one of the best for you as far as layouts? Right away I noticed the rear stearing, and really like the rear sounder/gps (even without the steering this would be handy for those running the gear and working the bottom)

I can see the rear storage compartments (x3) where you made use of the new transom space....

can you list some of your favorites that weren't visible in the pictures? A deadly rig for sure....will be one of the quicker boats in the sound thats for sure!

As you said the rear steering, rear sounder/gps but also the third down rigger, cutting block on the back, pod cannonball holders and just the clean simple layout. As Bod said its almost like a beefed up 16 foot hourston.

Haha Brian she's got 4 drink holders but i know how you fish. Perhaps we need more incase someone wants to double fist.

love how you guys got rid of the original hard top, sooooo much better with that custom top. What did you guys coat the seat boxes and floor with, did you glass over them? I can't tell.

The seat boxes/floor are glassed and gelcoated inside and out. For the floor they ground up walnuts into the gelcoat and it works great.

Nope not tractors they are Tempress.

Great to see the oldschool boats with custom mods... classic yet innovative and says.... I love what Im doing... labour of love when its that much work... for sure... One of a kind is pretty cool....

Thanx for the incentive, started ripping into my boat after I saw this post
Great build

Enjoy the memories..........to the new owner!!!

If you are going to re-build a boat thats the make of boat to do, really nice guys. Enjoy the ride, and for you re-cycled Budwiser can boats, he has no air ride seats.. lol

If you are going to re-build a boat thats the make of boat to do, really nice guys. Enjoy the ride, and for you re-cycled Budwiser can boats, he has no air ride seats.. lol

Good one Hourston lol:).

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats bc tough and co.!!! nice work, see ya round soooooon,, hali derby?

Whens the derb? May long? Most of us should be living up there at some point this summer so we will definitely see you there.

Blair I'll be there for sure, I'm not scared to take your money.
Also thanks alot for the compliments it really was alot of work,
but now that it's done it's worth it. Really couldn't thank every one
that helped, mostly my sponsor's Tim hortons, subway, wisers, and lucky.
See you all on the water
Bobber Jon aka the owner of that boat.

Back