Feds buy KM pipeline

Sorry I didn't read it so I can't comment on it. I just thought it was funny that you posted that I follow "news" from 2014. I do follow news and found there are some clever folks on twitter that actually make the stuffI try to keep an open mind and I'm willing to look at both sides and judge their character and their arguments.

I was just pointing out that we find ourselve where we are today because andrew weaver has got Horgan by the balls.

3 green mla’s that represent a very small part of B.C. voting population. Holding the balance of power and pushing their agenda.

Surely people dident think the regulation of dilbit was horgans idea

Distance from Fort Mac to Churchill MB = 1046 km.
Fort Mac to Burnaby = 1576 km.
Polar bears vs. Orcas.
Has nobody thought of this before? Sure, it might be a few decades until Hudson bay is ice free year-round. But if I am a politically motivated and newly-minted energy executive named Justin, I just might consider playing the long game here. Consider: enormous tracts of unclaimed (so to speak), tundra, no mountains to snake through, fewer First Nations to "meaningfully consult" with, fewer eyes prying into your filthy enterprise, and no green gang standing at the end of your northern road waving signs saying what a terrible hypocrite you are. So a few fluffy man-eating creatures take another hit to their already degraded habitat. Same sh$t, different pile, right?
Someone tell me I'm wrong, here.

All I have read so far is the discussion has about as much action as a dog engaging in sex with a football. We have talked and argued about points we have no control of, every election we have the results are not what we wanted and so on. I have to say it is at time interesting but so far I have not seen any improvement. We still use oil like there is no tomorrow and to the latest news the salmon situation is not as good as it was five years ago.
I remember sitting by the Skeena river at our fishing camp twenty five years ago with a buddy from the area, he did not have his high school diploma, telling me to enjoy what we had then as he did not think it would last at the rate we were using it up. I think he was right. Sad to say but after all this discussion things have not changed.

Why was the Energy East pipeline not in the National Interest?

Several reasons, and most above and beyond what was already hinted at above...

First - Eastern Canada is supplied by Arab Oil. The vast majority of what it consumes comes via tanker.
Have a good look at those back east who worked against Energy East, and pay particular attention to their personal economic portfolios. Yep, major personal vested interest in keeping the supply just where it is at thank you (or eff you depending on where you sit) very much.

Secondly, China has a heavy interest in Alberta tar sands, having funded that to the tune of nearly 2 billion clams. And, in the agreement with them that was struck under Harpo, a pipeline to the wet coast is a locked requirement to bolster those interests. In fact, were it not to be built, they would be in a position to sue Canada for loss of income under the terms of that same agreement...

Starting to get the picture yet??

Nog

Several reasons, and most above and beyond what was already hinted at above...

First - Eastern Canada is supplied by Arab Oil. The vast majority of what it consumes comes via tanker.
Have a good look at those back east who worked against Energy East, and pay particular attention to their personal economic portfolios. Yep, major personal vested interest in keeping the supply just where it is at thank you (or eff you depending on where you sit) very much.

Secondly, China has a heavy interest in Alberta tar sands, having funded that to the tune of nearly 2 billion clams. And, in the agreement with them that was struck under Harpo, a pipeline to the wet coast is a locked requirement to bolster those interests. In fact, were it not to be built, they would be in a position to sue Canada for loss of income under the terms of that same agreement...

Starting to get the picture yet??

Nog
OMG, you mean the government mislead us? Lol

Back