Fed Up With "Big Coast' Yet?....

Gave up watching this show........

60% of the show is the cameraman doing close-ups of Islander reels......over and over and over....

They almost never tell you what lures they are using...or depths or anything else....

The locations are usually 'generalized'......like "today we're fishing Barkley Sound".....o.k.....but where?

I like 'Sportfishing B.C.' with Mike Mitchell much better.......

LOL!!

Cuz Mike is really 'teaching' you something, not just shilling a product - albeit in a different light... marketing for suckers I suppose.

Show me some interesting photography, show me rods getting hit, don't show me the same old **** which is what you crave...

You don't need to like it - christ I guarantee I hate the shows you watch more! LOL

I bet if you pay attention to the end of the show, the same lure he was 'teaching' you to use is a sponsor... odd... hmmm...

O/B/H:- yes you are probably correct about the lures and sponsors.....

I wouldn't have started this thread but I spazzed out after watching the umpteenth shot of an Islander being winded in on the last episode.......

I don't care about what kind of gear their using but how many times can those big coast guys go out and not catch any decent fish? Really they aren't experienced fishermen and it shows.

And man oh man those nice fish senior guys are gross, grabing and groping any girl under 50 that comes within arms reach. Gary's killing his brand by putting them on.

Nice Fish Senior- Dont forget to mention the disgusting handling of their catch. Even wild coho go in a knotted mesh net. Cmon you'd think he could afford a catch and release net or gaff! Dumb!

-KK

I don't care about what kind of gear their using but how many times can those big coast guys go out and not catch any decent fish? Really they aren't experienced fishermen and it shows.

And man oh man those nice fish senior guys are gross, grabing and groping any girl under 50 that comes within arms reach. Gary's killing his brand by putting them on.

That also bugs me about level of experience. Guys keep saying they want to learn but can't learn from people that don't know much. Mike's BCO is fine but I know the guides he goes with have to use his gear (rapala, sufix, gamaaktsu, kingfisher etc). So you aren't necessarily learning what works best in the area.

Hey Guys

Mike Mitchell here from BC Outdoors Sport Fishing TV Thanks for the encouraging words on My show and to those of you who don't like it , I am open to listening to idea's on how to make it better.

I understand that sometime product placement can be frustrating but like many of you have said They (sponsors) pay our bills , also some food for though these same sponsors who a lot of us deal with also donate tons of product for various events and fundraisers through out the year Like Sfi 's Big splash , Pacific salmon foundation dinners and various derbies Like the Moocha bay and BC outdoors derby amongst others these donation turn into much needed dollars that helps with hatchery funding,sport fishing anglers rights , habitat reclamation projects and so on. so they all cant be bad.

I cant speak for the other guys who have shows but I can say we all have our own style and are trying to carve out a niche in the market , each show serves a purpose and we (meaning BC Outdoors sport fishing) rely on viewers and members like yourself for feed back and constructive criticism to make the show better .

Now I think you can ask any host this But I swear the fish know when the cameras are rolling and it seams they may be a bit camera shy thus making it tough to show off big slabs constantly :)

If anyone has any places or area's that you would like to be showcased on BC Outdoors Sport fishing please drop me a line

mike@mountainviewproductions.ca

You are doing well Mike I like the changes made to the Sportfishing magazine and I am going to subscribe again. :)

Hey Guys

Now I think you can ask any host this But I swear the fish know when the cameras are rolling and it seams they may be a bit camera shy thus making it tough to show off big slabs constantly :)

mike@mountainviewproductions.ca

Mike, it's not camera shy fish that is your problem, it's that flasher you use and the the Gammi hooks. I realize you have to use the hooks as you are sponsored but for crying out loud, use a better flasher ...lol
PS, I PVR all your shows and enjoy them. I especially like you mini fishing contests//bets

Hey Mike, can you comment on BC Outdoors Sportfishing promoting and partnering with Moutcha Bay when they have bought into the halibut quota purchase program - an act the majority on here see as a significant betrayal of a unified sportfishing stance in opposition to this ill-thought and ill-planned program of DFO's?

I'm sure I'm not alone in stating I have an awful hard time supporting either your magazine or your TV show when you're arguably supporting, by extension of your partnership and promotion of Moutcha Bay, the hated halibut quota purchase program. Even if the support is a stretch, you're certainly far from taking a strong stance that's supportive of the rec sectors attempts to unify on this subject so DFO is forced to shelve it.

Look forward to your response and your support on this important issue.

Ukee

Hey Mike, can you comment on BC Outdoors Sportfishing promoting and partnering with Moutcha Bay when they have bought into the halibut quota purchase program - an act the majority on here see as a significant betrayal of a unified sportfishing stance in opposition to this ill-thought and ill-planned program of DFO's?

I'm sure I'm not alone in stating I have an awful hard time supporting either your magazine or your TV show when you're arguably supporting, by extension of your partnership and promotion of Moutcha Bay, the hated halibut quota purchase program. Even if the support is a stretch, you're certainly far from taking a strong stance that's supportive of the rec sectors attempts to unify on this subject so DFO is forced to shelve it.

Look forward to your response and your support on this important issue.

Ukee

valid point.

I would like to hear what justification Mike comes up with too.... It doesnt pass the "smell test"

Think he needs to respond to this to, the majority of the Rec fishermen do not support the halibut purchasing program. And im sure it is not helping the shows ratings any. As for the rest of the product placement we can understand that they support the show and their products need to be displayed. Hell if i had a salmon fishing show and was sponsored with a kingfisher boat you could bet i would be pitching that awesome tinny ever chance i could get. :)

Back