Favourite Plugs

I've never run plugs, but I'm eager to try. I'm assuming that you run them with false flashers and not inline flashers?

Do you guys ever change the hooks on the Tomic plugs? Since I've started using Gamakatzu's semi circle hooks I've had my doubts about the "U" hooks from Tomic! I've also had one of them actually break off - the fish gone, the plug still there but without the hook!? Anyway I've started changing all of them to Gamakatzu semi circle hooks and (it may be too early to tell but...) it seems that I also get better retention success than before. Any thoughts about that?

Oppi

I have been replacing the hooks that come with the Tomic plugs with a commercial fishing, low-carbon steel hook. The advantages I find with that type of hook is that I can bend the tip inwards without breaking it. I found that this arrangement makes much more difficult for the fish to get loose once it becomes hooked. Also, since those hooks are made of low carbon steel, they are far less brittle than the regular hooks, and I have never seen one of them breaking to date. :D

Back