Favorite Tires for heavy towing rigs.

quote:Originally posted by Sushihunter

quote:Originally posted by fishassassin123

I have now owned 2 sets of Toyo Open Country 10ply's and love them. The grab real god and push water out like I have never seen in any other tire. Their LT tires are not as good but the 10's are the best I have ever owned.

<snip>

I was just looking at the Toyo website. Do you have a link to the tire you are talking about? They seem to have about a half dozen different Open Country tires.

Even their Mud tire looks more like the BFG All Terrain. I would like it if it had better side lugs for digging through deep mud and snow.

What I like about my BFG A/T tires is that they are a compromise (as are all tires). They handle the gravel logging road very well and are reasonable in snow and mud (if I could ever find some mud around here). They also work well on wet pavement which on the West Coast of the Island is all the time. They wear better than the Mud Terrain tires, but are still a tire that wears quickly.

It's hard to get away from quick wear if you want an off-road tire that is good in mud. If you want traction, you need a softer rubber compound. If you want long wearing tires - harder rubber, but you lose in the traction department.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

jfc_banner-2009-01.jpg

http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/open-country-at they are A/T's with M/S rating.
I have the 265 E10's Never had a problem with them in any condition. Quite, pushes water, grabs snow. I love high speeds and tough roads and these tires have been the best tires I have ever owned. I am very picky and don't buy crap. I would buy another set tomorrow.

I also work in the auto industry and I have Michelin LTX MS on my Silverado dually and they are awesome tires...never spin a tire on the ramp...they have 70000km on them and still approx 40% tread....the BFG All terrain seem to wear too quick as do the Toyo M55....the M55 are a good bush tire but dont like the highway and snow or ice

My Toyo's don't wear much at all. But I don't own M55's. Michelin LTX's for me were a nightmare. They were on my 1ton Dodge Diesel.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

I ended up getting a set of BF Goodrich All Terrain KO's. They seem like a good AT tire with a winter rating as well.

Back