Farmed Salmon — One of the Most Toxic Foods in the World?

A couple months ago, MSN had an article that listed the top 10 worst foods you can eat. Farmed Atlantic salmon was ranked 4th or something like that.

Last edited:
Here is more information regarding toxins in Farmed Salmon
Health
Though often recommended as one of the best animal sources of omega-3 fatty acids, farmed salmon should not be eaten frequently. Farmed salmon flesh contains significant amounts of pollutants. The disinfectant and antibiotic residues left in farming operations can affect consumers' health and increase their resistance to antibiotics.

taken from this site which is INDEPENDANT and uninfluenced by Special Interest Groups!!

http://slowfood.com/slowfish/pagine/eng/pagina.lasso?-id_pg=88

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/04/30/salmon-fish-farming.aspx

"Besides pesticides and antibiotics used in fish farming, the most significant source of toxic exposure is the dry pellet feed, which contains dioxins, PCBs, and other toxic pollutants"

I guess I'm going to die soon, as I and 2 other people would throw by hand 15ton/day (aug.) and if it is toxic well all that dust must have killed us. PCBs???? O.... I'm done.
do you eat it also? bit of a difference in handling it than ingesting it and having the toxins build up in the layers of fat. I guess your smarter than the scientists that test this stuff to think it's OK... when they say it's one of the unhealthiest foods in the world and give the reasons why. good thing your here to set everyone straight....

You do understand that there are toxins in wild fish?

Are you aware that for example seals when tested are so toxic we cannot put their body's in our dumps, but they must be burnt.

They are not eating fish farm fish.

Wonder why the government is not testing wild fish?

Ah yes it is injested while feeding. Feeding into the wind and blow back was a problem. Have you throw a few ton a day? How covered where you in dust? I looked for a list of references but found non on which this was based. I also like you am not a scientist just asking neutral questions in hope of actually seeing some proof of the the accusations put forward to the industry. To which over the last few months non of which have been accurate. Most seem to be beliefs. Am I wrong?

good thing your here to set everyone straight....

I haven't set anyone here in there place, just ask questions good ones sometimes and you can't answer them which seems to be getting you frustrated. Lol

With all the toxins and such in fish I hope you stopped drinking milk.......

Back