EZ Steer Detente Kit

ziggy

I’m looking for the detente kit for my ez steer. I contacted CMP, the Manufacturer and they have them but shipping from the US is more than the kit.

Call Seahive in Quebec. They usually deliver within a week and their shipping fees are fairly reasonable.

I've bought some from Steveston Marine in the past. You could try calling them if this works for you.

I think I found a kit. Oddly enough, although I couldn’t find a local supplier with it in stock, they can order it and the price is less than that of the companies subsidiary on the mainland Additionally there is no $40 shipping charge for a $20 part which is what really made me angry.

I was amazed when I found the part on the EZ Steer site( located on the mainland) went through the ordering process and then saw the shipping charge. I was told by the local reps that they had no stock and that the part would come from the US parent company who only shipped by courier.

is EZ Steer your only option? can you tie your engines together inboard ?
It’s a stern drive to a kicker as opposed to two outboards So unfortunately no. I have left them tied together for years now so no worries re hanging over the side. Thinking about going to a remote steering system for the kicker at some point.

Back