Extra long downriggers

tykkyt e blue

I got tired stacking two rods on one downrigger whenever I wanted to run four lines, so...
Winter project was to convert std 60" scotty to 14'.
So far they work fine with up to 12lb weights and 90' down.
If anyone is interested? I can explan the 'how to" in a pm

Attachments

• New riggers.jpg
    New riggers.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 305
Huh,

Well thats not something you see everyday. All I gotta say is be careful.... Leverage is incredibly powerful.

Sure would have like to see you at the Nootka lighthouse a week or so ago when over 25 boats were looking for the same magic spot.

hmmm, i live in port moody.. would like to see and learn this,, maybe only 8' tho...pm sent...

wow thats quite the moment you have on your rail and gunnel. I have been running 4 60" boom riggers for the last 5 years with out any tangle issues. 168 ft-lbf is a pretty large moment seeing as a 60" boom only develops 60 ft-lbs at the base. good luck when you get hung up.

How do you clip the line to the cannon ball. More pictures please.

im guessing he has lines running to the front and maybe off a tower on the top to support it-- thats what they do on commercial trollers with long poles and 200 + pounds of lead

There's some limits, no doubt. You can't fish in a crowd ( no fun from my POV anyway ) NOT meant for dragging bottom, You need to follow a system for setting and retrieving... BUT, for me, faster and less hassle than stacking two lines and the rigger doesn't stop at the first bead, leaving the other 15' -20' still in the water. I mostly fish offshore so there's lots of water to target. Plus the spread is 36' from tip to tip so I hope that draes in more fish. I'll post if I notice the outside lines getting more hits - too soon to tell.
BTW yes, there's lines to the Hardtop and off the bow rail. The whole thing swings on the ped riser tubing smooth as can be. They can be set out or in with one hand. The lines to the roof do all the work of supporting the load. The eye bolt is 40" from the tip so no real difference to the tubing load - just like the old 4' solid arms made from 1 inch tubing.

any up date on these as just extended a bent arm to 5' of outer tube giving one almost 7' of boom
IMG_20160914_164029.jpg

Back