2014 Thunderjet Tyee OS 23’ value

Do to medical I am having to sell our boats. I would greatly appreciate some help with a start price.

2014 Thunderjet Tyee full hard top Alaskan bulkhead
250 Yamaha (550 hour) 300 computer installed (275 hour) Total 825. Hours
9.9 high thrust kicker with Panther remote steering or tie to main
110 gallon fuel tank
Lenco electric trim tabs with position indicating
Windlass 450 feet 9/16 rope plus 50 chain Rocna anchor
Lowrance HDS 10 Gen 2
Lowrance HDS 9 Gen 2 touchscreen
Lowrance 3 G Radar
2500 watt diesel heater (Chines)
6” side docking lights, Front light bar, stern light, Interior li all LED
Vhf radio,Stereo CD
Transom door , Full swim grid with boarding ladder
Spare prop
EZ loader dual axle trailer with Rock Tamer
Table, bench seats convert to double bed
Front Suspension seats
Full Winter cover and back canvas cover
Scotty down riggers with dual rod holder
Scotty trap puller Scotty bait table and rod holders
Would preferably sell with all Crab and Prawn gear and all Fishing rods and reels. Also all fishing gear hooks , jigs , flasher, weights everything to just drop in the water and go fishing. Appr $20,000 worth of gear all top end gear. This boat is well set up and ready to fish we have owned it since new Aug/14.

Driverside wind shield is cracked I have a piece of Lexan to replace it just needs to be cut and installed. Also purchased a windshield washer to be installed.

Attachments

• C2942D8F-AF3D-49B4-814F-3BF888553650.jpeg
    C2942D8F-AF3D-49B4-814F-3BF888553650.jpeg
    320.8 KB · Views: 217
  • F45B430F-CB49-4057-AD92-1EA9D74275B0.jpeg
    F45B430F-CB49-4057-AD92-1EA9D74275B0.jpeg
    222.6 KB · Views: 209
  • 55162760-58C2-4B75-8ABF-7CBF65A5FC1A.jpeg
    55162760-58C2-4B75-8ABF-7CBF65A5FC1A.jpeg
    209.5 KB · Views: 217
85k is my guess on price maybe more on facebook lol and sorry to hear about the medical issues that’s a crappy situation to be put into! Best of luck with the sale
The closest I can find is a 2019 for $129,000. Bare boat with under 200 hours basically a bare boat.

Thank y

Sorry to hear about your situation.
Do some cleaning and pressure washing the exterior and then take a few pics on a nice day from the boat, trailer and accessories. I would also fix the windshield before listing it. Maybe start from $95k and sell the fishing gear separately. The market is crazy for that type of boat so, maybe you can even start a bit higher and aim to get 90k for the boat and trailer only.
@kaelc what are your thoughts?

Last edited:
A member on here sold his 21ish foot thunderjet a while back, probably close to a year ago now that I think about it. Think he was asking around 80k. It was a littler newer with lower hours on the motors and had all kinds of bells and whistles and was in really good shape (looked brand new), but also a little smaller than yours.

As others have said, spend a little time cleaning it up, get some good pics, and you should get a good return for your efforts.

Id probably ask around 100k but realistically I have no idea what a fair price would be on a boat like yours. Might be worth having it surveyed and see what a surveyor says its worth.

Good luck with your health and the sale, sir!

TJ that’s a beauty! I agree it’s worth in the range of 85-95. The boat @advTHXance was mentioning was a cream puff, and it was the 21 (felt much bigger fishing in it). It had a lineup of buyers sold ultra fast at full asking.

Sorry to hear about you hanging up your rods. What is the length overall? A custom 22 runs about 145k and you likely can’t get one for a year so, lots of back orders, if you get that window fixed you might get high 90’s for it. List it for 107k with the gear and remove things if someone is a serious buyer, but only wants to pay 99k cause they already has gear like downriggers.

A buddy suggested I broker a boat recently but things like a broken window and extra gear just complicate things.

Get a glazier to fix the window ;)
Do some cleaning and pressure washing the exterior and then take a few pics on a nice day from the boat, trailer and accessories. I would also fix the windshield before listing it. Maybe start from $95k and sell the fishing gear separately. The market is crazy for that type of boat so, maybe you can even start a bit higher and aim to get 90k for the boat and trailer only.
@kaelc what are your thoughts?
23’ is a big aluminum.

Thanks everyone.

I agree that fixing the little windshield would be the best but I am in no Shape to be doing it myself. If I was I would not be selling it yet. I am in Shearwater with the boat not much for windshield repair here so I will have to take a hit for that unless I can talk someone to do it. Location is why I would like to sell as a package so the wife does not have to deal with it. Yes we will wait for a nice day and take some good pictures. The windshield is still in one piece Just had a branch hit it during one of the winter storms here a couple of months ago.

I have a spec sheet for a 2020 that’s very similar to yours except it had a 300 merc on it. That was 2 years ago and it was $112k US. Not sure if that helps much. Boat prices these days are wild.

Thanks everyone.

I agree that fixing the little windshield would be the best but I am in no Shape to be doing it myself. If I was I would not be selling it yet. I am in Shearwater with the boat not much for windshield repair here so I will have to take a hit for that unless I can talk someone to do it. Location is why I would like to sell as a package so the wife does not have to deal with it. Yes we will wait for a nice day and take some good pictures. The windshield is still in one piece Just had a branch hit it during one of the winter storms here a couple of months ago.
Doesn't Bella Coola have a glass shop?

Back