Excellent Lure for Surfcast Fishing

Hello BC Anglers,

I hope you are doing well and have had good fishings.

This weekend I posted my last video and I want to share with you, but please leet me tell you something first. Some weeks ago I got a clear DUO BeachWalker 120MD plug for painting it as I wish.

After thinking for a while, I decided how to paint the plastic plug. The colours I chose were Fluorescent Pink, Black Magenta (which is some kind of a very dark brown colour), yellow and red.
First, for base on the back and belly I used plain white. You already know that I'm a rookie using the airbrush, but I felt very happy at the end with the results of my work.
Something else, for the epoxy coating, I decided to add some silver frost.

At the end of my work, I have created the unique Japanese DUO “Pink Black Magenta” in the World… There is not a second one, and I am thinking to use the same pattern to paint some of my wooden Lures.

Well, last week I had the chance to escape to Ica (it is located 500km Southbound from Lima) for fishing some flounders and corvinas. I went decided to try my homemade balsa wooden lures the” Attila Fat Minnows” --in parallel, I am preparing a special video for it--.On the other side, I plan to try my brand new DUO BW120MD “Pink Black Magenta” as well.

When I began to try the “Pink Black Magenta”, I was really surprised how effective it was for captures. I had my friends fishing just next to me, and I caught flounders and corvinas and they didn’t. Just to mention about the equipment, I was using a 9'6" spinning rod with a Van Staal reel loaded with Japanese G-Soul 30lb braided line.
During the time that I was casting this lure, I captured six beautiful flounders and 18 corvinas later. Do that is very weird and difficult down here, believe me. Flounders are very tricky, and Corvinas are very difficult to catch. Something important to say is that all those fishes were released and my friends got mad for that.

Well friends, I invite you to watch my video, and please give me your comments and recommendations.

Here is the link to the video, i hope you like it:

That is a very impressive job. I've rarely seen such a nice job of painting a finishing on a plug. Thank for sharing, I've got a bunch of old Salmon pugs that could use your talents. Keep up the good work. Nicely done.

Hello TBG

Thank you for your comment... Believe me, I am not an expert using the Airbrush. There are anglers who did a real good job... I started to use the airbrush last year when I began to do my 100% homemade wooden lures. Little by little I am improving but sometimes in very difficult to put over the plugs what you have in your mind. Fortunatelly, in the last weeks many friends gave me their old plastic plugs for a restoration. So I have the chance for practice and I have lot of fun doing it. I am taking pictures and videos, so they can see the transformation process.
Have a safe fishing, best regards, Antonio

That is a very impressive job. I've rarely seen such a nice job of painting a finishing on a plug. Thank for sharing, I've got a bunch of old Salmon pugs that could use your talents. Keep up the good work. Nicely done.

That is outstanding, I was just looking at sprayers on Amazon. I'd love to add some glow accents to my jigs. Right now I use a very simple method that isn't pretty but gets it done I guess. Keep up the good work!

Back