Ethanol in Fuel

They all make them mercury, yamaha etc but this pri product sounds pretty promising. $70 last 3 years is better than me redoing the carb on my kicker once a year. Ethanol wrecked my other boats high and low pressure fuel pumps. The stuffs the sh*t's.

Anyone tried or heard of pri before? Amazon reviews sound very promising.

Sounds like we just need to keep on buying clean fuel and then keep on keeping it clean once it's in our boat.
Has anyone had a single issue with an on road vehicle, daily driver or otherwise? I have an old land rover at the cabin that gets filled up about twice a year with 87 octane fuel from town; no issues with the fuel system... brakes are another matter lol

They all make them mercury, yamaha etc but this pri product sounds pretty promising. $70 last 3 years is better than me redoing the carb on my kicker once a year. Ethanol wrecked my other boats high and low pressure fuel pumps. The stuffs the sh*t's.

Anyone tried or heard of pri before? Amazon reviews sound very promising.
I have used pri g and d for 15 years and have used it my diesel truck and 1000 gallon fuel oil tank and all gas engines. I like it a lot.

Just fired this email off to my Federal MP.

To: 'elizabeth.may.C1A@parl.gc.ca'
Subject: Ethanol
Can you please explain to me how forcing gasoline producers to add Ethanol to marked Premium gasoline will make a difference to our environment.
Those who use it in their boats as one example only, where unused gasoline may sit in tanks for long periods to time find adding Ethanol to be detrimental to both the tanks and motor.
Thank you. Looking forward to an explanation

Hello,
As it stands today, our Comox Fuel Centre continues to carry ethanol free premium and ethanol free dyed premium (marine). Eventually, we will no longer have the option of selling ethanol free marine fuel. All terminals that supply fuel to Vancouver Island will no longer have access to ethanol free fuel. It is not a choice that Co-op is making. The terminals are transitioning to align with the Canadian Clean Fuels Standard, which in turn means that all retailers on the Island will follow suit.
Thank you,
JORDAN BABBAGERegional Manager, Fuel & Convenience Centres – North | Peninsula Co-op
4889 North Island Highway, Courtenay, BC V9N 5Y9
Direct 250.652.3128
jbabbage@peninsulaco-op.com | peninsulaco-op.com

I have heard good things about star-tron
I had to clean my fuel system in my Merc 9.9 kicker several times running Costco gas. I was told that StarTron would help by CV marine in Courtenay. It did-- no more problems. But to be sure, I switched to premium for the kicker as well.

I check Home Depot and Amazon to see who is cheapest and ships free.
Are you in the US? I see it on amazon Canada for $70. Home depot USA has it but not Canada.

I might order from that preper site.

@N2013 I wonder as well but pri seems super concentrated. Seafoam is 1 Oz to 1 gallon, pri 1:2,000 ratio

Last edited:
Are you in the US? I see it on amazon Canada for $70. Home depot USA has it but not Canada.

I might order from that preper site.

@N2013 I wonder as well but pri seems super concentrated. Seafoam is 1 Oz to 1 gallon, pri 1:2,000 ratio
Yes I am in Washington. PRI is 1 oz does 16 gallons. 512 gallons from 32 oz bottle and 3 year shelf life after opened.

Back