Ethanol in Fuel

Doug

Just filled up at Peninsula CO-OP and saw the attached sign.
It appears that all gas will contain ethanol, even supreme fuel and up to 10%, starting Oct 1st.
I better put a little more fuel stabilizer in the tanks when I store things for the winter.

Attachments

• Peninsula Co-op Fuel.jpg
    Peninsula Co-op Fuel.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 66
Sucks, I always buy the marked fuel from co op. It used to be mid grade no ethanol then switched to premium.

I may have to shop elsewhere or load up on the fuel stabilizer over the winter.

I'm curious if this means gas at the docks will be with ethanol too?

I just filled up yesterday to fill the tanks to store over winter.

Clown, I mean Clean Fuel Standard is just another tax. Were basically putting water in our tanks. Plus hurting our engines. Losing mileage/efficiency. Who is still voting Liberal?

Looking at the bigger picture, ethanol produced from corn is a carbon intensive disaster. When all the indirect costs such as for cultivation fertilizing, harvesting, processing, handling, transportation and the obvious externalities are added in, we are far better off burning straight gasoline. The only apparent benefit is when measured directly at the tailpipe, with slightly lower vehicle emissions. A typical, short-sighted and cynical political gambit, providing greenwashed "benefits" for the most gullible among us. Environmental warriors = Suckers for any story.

Looking at the bigger picture, ethanol produced from corn is a carbon intensive disaster. When all the indirect costs such as for cultivation fertilizing, harvesting, processing, handling, transportation and the obvious externalities are added in, we are far better off burning straight gasoline. The only apparent benefit is when measured directly at the tailpipe, with slightly lower vehicle emissions. A typical, short-sighted and cynical political gambit, providing greenwashed "benefits" for the most gullible among us. Environmental warriors = Suckers for any story.
Something something reduced dependence on imported oil mumble mumble. @Foxsea I lean to the greener side but I'm no ethanol fuel fan.

Something something reduced dependence on imported oil mumble mumble. @Foxsea I lean to the greener side but I'm no ethanol fuel fan.
Dependence? More propaganda. Certainly not dependant on particularly unstable regimes - 66% came in from the U.S. last year. While Canada produces more oil than required to meet its domestic refining needs, some refineries will import crude oil for logistical or economic reasons.

I emailed Co-op regarding an add I saw that said they would be selling marked gas with up to 10% ethanol... here's their responce.

Hello,

As it stands today, our Comox Fuel Centre continues to carry ethanol free premium and ethanol free dyed premium (marine). Eventually, we will no longer have the option of selling ethanol free marine fuel. All terminals that supply fuel to Vancouver Island will no longer have access to ethanol free fuel. It is not a choice that Co-op is making. The terminals are transitioning to align with the Canadian Clean Fuels Standard, which in turn means that all retailers on the Island will follow suit.

Thank you,

JORDAN BABBAGERegional Manager, Fuel & Convenience Centres – North | Peninsula Co-op
4889 North Island Highway, Courtenay, BC V9N 5Y9
Direct 250.652.3128
jbabbage@peninsulaco-op.com | peninsulaco-op.com

Im not so pleased about this. as we all know ethanol is hygroscopic, then does phase separation which makes a very corrosive slop that eats aluminum tanks, fuel systems etc. Anyone know where we could start sending letters to complain and demand ethanol free fuel?

I emailed Co-op regarding an add I saw that said they would be selling marked gas with up to 10% ethanol... here's their responce.

Hello,

As it stands today, our Comox Fuel Centre continues to carry ethanol free premium and ethanol free dyed premium (marine). Eventually, we will no longer have the option of selling ethanol free marine fuel. All terminals that supply fuel to Vancouver Island will no longer have access to ethanol free fuel. It is not a choice that Co-op is making. The terminals are transitioning to align with the Canadian Clean Fuels Standard, which in turn means that all retailers on the Island will follow suit.

Thank you,

JORDAN BABBAGERegional Manager, Fuel & Convenience Centres – North | Peninsula Co-op
4889 North Island Highway, Courtenay, BC V9N 5Y9
Direct 250.652.3128
jbabbage@peninsulaco-op.com | peninsulaco-op.com

Im not so pleased about this. as we all know ethanol is hygroscopic, then does phase separation which makes a very corrosive slop that eats aluminum tanks, fuel systems etc. Anyone know where we could start sending letters to complain and demand ethanol free fuel?
Good luck. ****** news. They don't care about the longevity of your fuel system.

Not much point in buying Supreme Marked unless Regular has significant more ethanol? I’m running a 4.3 Vortec which doesn’t really need anything other than Regular.

Yeah I guess back to regular again. I always put just regular gas on my inboard. Just switched to using ethanol marked or supreme when I started running outboard.

Back