Electrical Translation Please Help

Birdsnest

After years of tolerating a botched wiper set up I am finally going to re wire it. I currently has one switch with both wipers, up being for the driver wiper and down for both wipers. It used to work fine with the self parks but this set up had and diode and when those went and after a wiper motor change I could never find anyone to figure it out again so the self park never worked for years.

I will be putting the wipers on 2 separate switches and wiring the self park which I understand is simple you just put the self park wire on a permanently hot(+) connection. Im going with 2 separate switches because I find sometimes I only need the passenger wiper running on its own.

Can some one tell me whats what on this switch diagram? I may add it is a switch with a light in it so it need power for that as well. If i was to guess I would says the (+) is the positive power supply and the load charge goes to the motor and the SPST is the power for the switch light? And the bottom right one is the negative for the negative wire for the switch light?
IMG_1269.jpg

I think you have it right... SPST is short for Single Pole Single Throw and is the type of switch. The two terminals on the bottom are for the switch illumination and is controlled by a separate panel lighting master switch which is represented by the arrow on the bottom. One of those two terminals goes to the negative side of that lighting circuit and the other terminal receives +power from the lighting master switch. The top two terminals are simply a break/switch in the +power supply to the load/wiper motor. the load has its own ground.

Back