Electric lawn mower advice

Pearl dog

My trusty gas mower just went to the curb for spring clean up. 15 years of hassle free service, it was held together with duct tape and zip straps..

Looking for advice and recommendations for a cordless battery powered mower. I know nothing about them. I have a standard suburban patch of grass in front and back. Not a golf course by any means with a lab retriever tearing up the back. Looking for quality that doesn’t break the bank if such a thing exists. Name brands and voltage/power advice if you have it.
Thanks all

My trusty gas mower just went to the curb for spring clean up. 15 years of hassle free service, it was held together with duct tape and zip straps..

Looking for advice and recommendations for a cordless battery powered mower. I know nothing about them. I have a standard suburban patch of grass in front and back. Not a golf course by any means with a lab retriever tearing up the back. Looking for quality that doesn’t break the bank if such a thing exists. Name brands and voltage/power advice if you have it.
Thanks all
Two friends have the Stihl battery powered lawn mowers and they work great for their 1/4 acre lots. I'm not sure which model they got.

I have Milwaukee and Makita cordless tools and lots of batteries so I might lean that direction when I need to get a new lawn mower.

I’m curious about them as well. My old Woodward’s brand Briggs and Stratton is about to start season 30!! It may be on borrowed time.

I have a ryobi 40v brushless from home depot. wasnt super expensive. it does a pretty good job. the battery is more than enough for reasonable size lawn. Mine takes about 40min to mow. its quiet and starts instantly when i want it to. my only complaint is that there is always a few strands of grass that dont get cut, so i end up going over it twice because of OCD. maybe i just need to sharpen the blade.

Any suggestions on electric grass trimmers?
My old school stihl brush hog has finally given up after 25 years.
My internet fu has me looking at Stihl and Ryobi, but any real world experience would be appreciated.

I’ve had a corded stihl trimmer for years. Works great.
I spoke to the local stihl guy today. There’s basically the ak/ap line of battery tools. Meaning Home/pro. You want to chose which line up you buy into to be able to use the same batteries and charger for the different tools. Probably going this route. Just going to go look at the Toro first as I have a Toro battery blower which is excellent. So far each product line is within 100$ of the other. Ego brand is highly rated I’ve learned as well…

I bought the 48V Yardworks 16" Chainsaw last year for trail clearing, liming and cutting camping firewood. Works great so far!

When my old Honda mower quits, I will be buying the Yardworks 48V lawn mower.

Cheers

SS

I have the Dewalt lawn mower it come with two 10ah batteries that I can and have used on my other Dewalt tools. I can mow about half an acre with no problem. The mower doesnt like extra thick or long grass. I have a couple of areas where my old gas mower would bog down, in these spots I need to go extra slow, but it gets the job done. My biggest concern is the mower deck doesn't seem to be well painted and I worry the deck will rust out quickly

Any suggestions on electric grass trimmers?
My old school stihl brush hog has finally given up after 25 years.
My internet fu has me looking at Stihl and Ryobi, but any real world experience would be appreciated.

I used a yardworks one yesterday for the first time. It replaces my old corded Weedeater brand which I’ve had for 30 years. I got this new one as a gift for Xmas. I asked for this brand as I already have the yard works battery powered hedge trimmer and I thought it made sense as I could share batteries.

It worked ok, but it feels cheap, like it won’t last long. If I’d have bought one for myself, I’d have looked for something more skookum.

The hedge trimmer, on the other hand, is awesome. I love it.

KMS Tools currently has the Makita 36V lawnmower kit on sale for $499, and it comes with a leaf blower. That is with two 5AH batteries and charger.

The EGO mower, blower and grass trimmer are outstanding. Good company that stands behind their product - we had one battery that didn't work all that well...no problem, they shipped a replacement immediately.

The EGO mower, blower and grass trimmer are outstanding. Good company that stands behind their product - we had one battery that didn't work all that well...no problem, they shipped a replacement immediately.
Alright, found out the CR Boatland is the local EGO dealer. Just picked up the trimmer. 56V battery and brushless motor.
Just in time for the next batch of sun!
Thanks for the report!!

I just bought a house with a john deere riding lawnmower. Gonna make short work of that 1/4 acre lot haha. Beer in hand at all times most likely.
I'm pretty sure you can't start one without a beer in your hand. Literally impossible.

I bought the ego mower this week. First wet cut of the season and it handled it fine on one charge. No ear muffs, light. Seems super well made. No remorse on the purchase.

Pearl dog, have you considered Bosch brand? I have no experience with their mowers, but I'm very impressed with a cordless drill I've owned for several years. It's very well built and performs very well. As a retired journeyman carpenter, I've used quite a variety of power tools, and I buy quality, like Makita, Millwaukee, Rockwell. My go-to drill was my corded Rockwell (a very expensive industrial/production grade tool, circa 1980), until I bought my Bosch cordless. If I need brute power, I use the Rockwell, but for 99% of my jobs, I grab the Bosch. German quality since 1886.

Back