East Sooke Shut Down Aug 1

Yeah, you're right. I checked my charts and it's the same as the old announcement. I guess it's too much work for DFO to supply a shaded map in the notice.

you can see the map here - wasn't able to overlay with contours, but 'looks' to be even beyond the coho trolling lanes (except for those that occasionally fish the border for them) https://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp...s-baleines/srkw-measures-mesures-ers-eng.html

hmm, actually, just noticed its picked up on navionics - borderline. Cuts the 500' line infront of Beecher, but runs the 545' line west of Beechey. Shouldn't be too much of a downer.

Amazing that there are dozens of Gov't employees, making good money to draw up these clear as mud regulations. Does it really have to be this confusing? How about some 'regular guy' regulations, you know, the ones that Joe Guy who only to gets out occasionally, spur of the moment, and doesn't have a top of the line internet device glued to his left hand.

I‘m unclear about whether 20-4 is open to Chinook fishing as of August 1. I know it’s been shut down for the past few years but I saw a DFO map with the various shaded areas and 20-4 was clear.

Back