EARLS BEEF BACK OFF .... SALMON?

high tide

I am very happy for the Canadian beef producers that Earls has had a change of heart and will be using and serving Canadian Beef. The right move in so many ways. To bad there wasn't wild option.

That said how about many many Big Name local restaurants that Only serve Farmed raised Salmon (yuk )!
Where's the big call out on them not using our West Coast Wild Salmon caught commercially and legally rather then support a industry that has done nothing but harm our Wild stocks, many other ocean based life and the environment all for the love of greed and big money. Way to go to the governments that gave and continue to turn a blind eye to this disgrace. IMO

H T

I have Never purchased nor will I purchase ANY Farmed raised Salmon or fish for that matter.

The wild fish would probably have to come from Alaska , as its a State that proudly respects its commercial fishermen.
In BC , mud is slung at the commies at every chance for trying to make a living off the sea and supplying places like Earls with FAS troll caught quality fish ...everyone does not want to go catch it themselves .
Get out the popcorn :)

The wild fish would probably have to come from Alaska , as its a State that proudly respects its commercial fishermen.
In BC , mud is slung at the commies at every chance for trying to make a living off the sea and supplying places like Earls with FAS troll caught quality fish ...everyone does not want to go catch it themselves .
Get out the popcorn :)
I don't think too many on here have an issue with the commercial trollers, it's the seiners and gillnetters that clean up practically an entire run in a few sets that are an issue. Similar to cleaning out the herring populations that used to exist all along the coast.

I am very happy for the Canadian beef producers that Earls has had a change of heart and will be using and serving Canadian Beef. The right move in so many ways. To bad there wasn't wild option.

That said how about many many Big Name local restaurants that Only serve Farmed raised Salmon (yuk )!
Where's the big call out on them not using our West Coast Wild Salmon caught commercially and legally rather then support a industry that has done nothing but harm our Wild stocks, many other ocean based life and the environment all for the love of greed and big money. Way to go to the governments that gave and continue to turn a blind eye to this disgrace. IMO

H T

I have Never purchased nor will I purchase ANY Farmed raised Salmon or fish for that matter.

not to many people east of the rocky mountains care much about wild or raised farm fish. i farmed salmon for few years and yes there are some problems. but the positive would be it takes loads of pressure off wild stocks. if they get rid of farms where will the salmon come from??? the aquaculture industry put in 172,000 tons in 2013, where will this come from? commercial caught wild fish? don't even have enough for canadians.....

Funny how nobody complains about farmed beef and how they pollute the environment on so many levels... over grazing of crown grass land leaving ungulates to relocate or starve, global warming, trace element steroids, etc etc.

i don't blame you for not wanting to eat farmed salmon i don't like it either, but that's because natures best choice is in our back yard. IMO farms should stay and be relocated to controllable land enterprises, getting rid of a 172,000 would kill whats left of our salmon stocks.

captain hook pass the popcorn pls.

Then make them ALL LAND BASED ........ The decisions the federal and provincial governments have made on this industry are just plain sickening. Yet doing virtually nothing for wild stocks. I hope the land based attempt takes off and these others on our oceans go kaputtt

I'd be fine to see land based aquaculture popping up all over to supply the earls etc... market and hopefully even turn a profit for Canadian business. Just get them out of the ocean and away from the wild stocks.

I don't think I've ever ordered salmon at a restaurant before, isn't that what fishing is for!? :)

Back